35. Not so Magical Prom

Post Date: 02.23.21

Word count: 1.6k

Based off: 04x19 "Pictures of You"

--------------------

The next morning I went out to shop for a prom dress with Caroline and Bonnie. We head over to the boutique so I could pick a dress out and Caroline could try on hers.

We browsed the dresses and as soon as I saw a deep purple satin dress, I knew I should try it on.

"That's perfect," Caroline says.

"You look beautiful," Bonnie agrees. As soon as we picked my dress out Caroline went to get hers on.

"What kind of dreams?" I ask as we make it out of the dressing room.

"Usually I'm at his grave, and all of a sudden he appears to me," Bonnie explains her dreams of Jeremy.

"Well, you never got to say goodbye, Bon. You're grieving. That's normal," Caroline says while looking at herself in the mirror.

"When I woke up, the couch was on fire," Bonnie says.

"Oh," Caroline says.

"Not so normal," I say.

"I don't know if it's because I was emotional in my dream or if Shane was right. Without his help, I'll lose control of my magic," Bonnie says.

"No. It's because you need a night off from mourning. And I'm gonna make sure that you have it," Caroline says.

"You look super hot, by the way," I say.

"Do you think?" Caroline says smiling.

Oh, yeah," Bonnie agrees.

"Yeah?" Caroline asks again.

"Yeah, Matt, Athena, and I are gonna have the sexiest date there," Bonnie says and we all laugh.

"You know what? I love friend prom. And it's exactly what prom should be friends and memories. Yes, and it sucks that my boyfriend can't be here, but the four of us are gonna have the night of our lives," Caroline says.

"Hey, Bonnie. Heard you got your mind-wiped. That sucks. Pretty dress, Caroline," Elena says walking in with Rebekah of all people.

"I know. You helped me pick it out months ago when we were friends, before you tried to kill me," Caroline says annoyed.

"I thought it looked familiar," Elena says.

"Can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later. Bonnie, Athena," Caroline says before we head back to the dressing room. As soon as we were done with our errands I head back to mine before getting ready for prom.

"Hello," I say answering the phone.

"Hey, I have a major problem," Caroline says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Elena stole my dress. Do you think you could help?" Caroline asks.

"Well, I don't have any dresses in my closet. But I might know who will. Meet me at Klaus'," I say. As soon as we meet up at Klaus' we head inside.

"Klaus?" I say throughout the mansion.

"Klaus!" Caroline says louder. "Klau--" Caroline says before we see him standing in front of a fireplace.

"Hello. Did you not hear us?" I ask.

"Of course I heard you two. I think the whole of Mystic Falls heard you. I'm in no mood for company," Klaus says.