25. Finally Free

Post Date: 11.24.20

Word count: 1.7k

Based off: 04x05 "The Killer"

--------------------

The next day I head over to Tyler Lockwoods so I could finally break my sire bond. Or at least ask if he could help me.

"Hey, what's up?" Tyler asks as he opens the door.

"Hey. I was wondering if today was a good day to maybe..." I start. "Break my sire bond?" I whisper noticing the other hybrids were still around. Even though they may not say anything to Klaus.

"Uhhh....yeah. I don't have anything else planned today. You haven't met Haley yet, right?" He asks.

"Nope, just whatever Klaus has said. Which for the record. I don't think you would ever hurt Caroline. Cuz if you did, then I'd have to hurt you," I say.

"You know I wouldn't. Let me just go grab her," He says and heads upstairs. He came back down with a tall dark-haired woman.

"So you're the one Klaus is so entranced with?" She asks, making it down the final step.

"The one and only," I sigh.

"Athena wants to break her sire bond. You think we could help her Haley?" Tyler asks.

"For sure. Anyone who wants to get away from that devil. I will gladly help," She says.

"Cool, does today work?" I ask.

"Yeh, " She says.

"Ok. So what does it take?" I ask.

"You may not like this part," Tyler says.

"You have to transform and break your bones 100 times. So you're no longer grateful for the pain that Klaus took away," Haley explains.

"Alright," You sigh. "Let's get started then," You say.

"Well, we need to find somewhere to do it. I don't think anyone wouldn't be concerned about a girl screaming," Tyler says.

"Uhhh...I know of a barn close to the edge of town. Out in the middle of nowhere almost. Would that work?" I suggest.

"Yeh, that should be perfect," Haley says.

"Alright, let's go," Tyler says.

Tyler went and grabbed some chains and then we all headed out. I directed Tyler to the barn. Once we arrived Tyler and Haley set up the chains as I prepared myself. Once I was ready, Tyler locked the chains onto my wrists.

"Whenever you're ready," Tyler says. I nod and start my transformation. I feel the rush of pain coming over my body as I start to break every bone in my body. I continue to do so for what felt like hours. And I guess it had been since I noticed the sun was setting. After what felt like even more hours, I finally felt no need to seek acceptance from Klaus.

"You done?" Tyler asks, noticing that I had stopped transforming.

"Yeh...yeh. I don't feel loyal or the need to seek acceptance from Klaus anymore," I say. Once I had calmed down, we all packed up and headed back to Tylers. As soon as we got back, I was getting a call from Klaus.

"Hello, Love," Klaus says as I answer my phone.

"Hey. I promise I'll be back at yours soon," I say knowing that's exactly what he'd want to hear.

"Actually, darling. I have some business to deal with in Italy. I'll be home as soon as that's finished. Until then, I need you to stay at Tyler's," He says.