17. Little Sparks

Post Date: 09.08.20

Word count: 3.6k

Based off: 03x14 "Dangerous Liaisons"

--------------------

The next day Elena had invited me and the Salvatore's over to her house to explain something that happened last night, "It was their mother Ester who was sealed in that coffin," Elena explains as she puts cleaning supplies away.

"As in the Orginal Witch?" I question.

"What? How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago," Damon states.

"Umm...hybird freak here," I say upset at what Damon had just said.

"I was saying Klaus is the hybrid freak, not you," He scoffs.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus," Elena explains.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus," Stefan states.

"Yeah, well, not anymore. At least not according to Elijah," Elena responds.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan stats making his way around the kitchen.

"Anyone else feeling used right now?" Damon questions as I raise my hand in agreement.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," Elena says before the doorbell rings. "I believe him," She states. Elena makes her way to the front door and I and the Salvatores follow her. Elena turns around with an envelope in hand.

"What is it?" I ask as she shuts the door. Elena opens the envelope and reads the contents.

"It's an invitation. 'Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration'," Elena repeats what's written on the card.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks.

"The original family," You respond.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town. Now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon questions.

"Wait. There's a note on the back," Elena flips over the card. "'Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther,'" She reads.

The four of us make our way into the living room trying to figure out this whole ball thing, "If Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why," Elena says.

"Well, that's a dumb idea. She already tried to kill you once," Damon states.

"No, Elena's right. Bonnie was led to open that coffin for a reason. I think there's more to this than just some family reunion," Stefan says.

"Can we go back in time to the old Stefan who cared if Elena lived or died?" Damon asks.

"I agree with Stefan. I think we should find out," I inject.

"Stefan and Athena have a point, Damon. I should find out what she wants," Elena says.

"You can't protect yourself," Damon states.

"I'll go, Klaus probably already sent me an invitation," I say.

"No we can't have your sired self, spilling all our secrets," Damon responds.

"Ok, fine. Then I'll go," Stefan offers.

"You pissed off enough originals to last a lifetime. I'll go," Damon offers instead and plucks the card out of Elena's hand. "End of story," Damon says sternly before walking off.