02. New Wolf, Same Problems

Post Date: 03.27.20

Word count: 4.1K

Based off: 02x07 "Masquerade"

----------------------------------------------------

The next morning I wake up next to a half-naked Damon Salvatore clutching my body as I lay my head on his chest. I look up at him, realizing that he wasn't really asleep, "How long have you been awake?" I ask.

"I just woke up" He responds.

"Mmmhmm... How long have you been just lying here, letting me sleep?" I say.

"Maybe an hour or two." He replies with a sheepish smile.

I get up, but he pulls me back down, pressing his lips to mine. I pull away and look at him, " You know you are so darn cute with bed head" I say slightly sarcastic and get up from the bed.

"Why thank you," Damon says from behind me as I make my way to my bag of clothes.

Damon vamp speeds behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my neck. "If you bite, I bite," I tell him.

"I won't, promise. I just kinda missed this." Damon says softly. I turn around.

"Look. I...I missed this too. But you're the one that left and I don't really think I could continue with this...Us. It's been two years, I moved on. It was honestly a mistake to stay the night here." I say as I put on some clothes and start to walk to the door before I feel Damon's hand grab my arm.

"I'm sorry that I put you through that. But just think about it, please. I miss you." He responds. I sigh before I continue to walk out of the room.

I head down the stairs and grab an apple from the kitchen before I hear a knock at the door. I open the door, to find Caroline standing in the doorway, looking like she saw a ghost.

"Oh. Hi, umm... Are Damon and Stefan here?" She asks.

"Yeh, I'll go get them. You can just... wait in here." I say gesturing to the great room as she steps into the house.

I head back upstairs and into Damon's bedroom. "Hey, Caroline is here. It seems like she wants to talk to you and Stefan." I say only popping my head in.

"I'll be down in a sec. You good?" He says with concern in his voice. Which is very unlike him.

"I'm fine," I say confused and walk out to go down the hall to get Stefan.

I knock on Stefan's door, "Hey, Caroline is here. I think she needs to talk to you guys."

"Alright, I'll be down in a few." He responds.

I head back down and sit next to Caroline on the couch. We sit in awkward silence until Damon comes in with a glass full of red liquid, blood I assume. He hands it to Caroline and she takes a sip. "I'm still shaking," She says.

I look over to the sound of Stefan walking into the room, " What happened?" He asks.

"Go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." I could hear the annoyance in his voice, probably from the conversation we had or what Caroline is about to say, "I saw Katherine today."

"Where?" Stefan asks in response.

"At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk and... quasi-stalk Matt" She replies

"Sorry to interrupt, but who is this Katherine girl?" I ask confused and raise my hand like I'm asking a question in class.

"Long story short. She's the doppelganger of Elena. And an old lover of baby bro and I's" Damon says with even more annoyance. I just roll my eyes at him. Caroline then goes on to explain what happened at The Grill and that Katherine wants the moonstone tonight at the mascarade ball or she'll go on a murder spree.