16. False Promises

Post Date: 09.01.20

Word count: 2.7k

Based off: 03x13 "Bring Out the Dead"

-------------------

The next few days I stayed in my room as I continually heard Klaus making visits to the Salvatores. I wanted to stay out of the mess, to keep my temptations towards Klaus at bay. But clearly that didn't work as I heard a knock at my door. And to no surprise at all it was Klaus.

"What?" I ask as soon as I notice it's Klaus.

"I just wanted to see how mon petit tournesol is doing. I'm sure after our little conversion the other day, you've had a lot to think about. I'm sure that's why you've locked yourself up here," He says looking around my room.

"Stop, Klaus. Stop with the nickname, stop with the taunting and stop trying to win me over. You killed the people I cared about like I've said a million times already, I can't forgive you for that," I say feeling the rage boil inside of me.

"You can't fight it forever," He says clearly gesturing to the sire bond. "I just wanted to come and tell you that I just finished renovating and that I've made a room for you there. You're always welcome," He says before walking off. I quickly shut the door hoping that I can just ignore what just happened.

The next day I kept myself locked into my room all-day again. And again I heard a knock on my door, "Klaus, I told y--oh Damon. What do you want?" I ask noticing that it was him and not Klaus.

"Wait Klaus visited you? Nevermind that, get dressed in something nice, were going to a little dinner party," Damon explains.

"And what makes you think that'd drag me out of here?" I question crossing my arms.

"I think you'd actually like to come to this one," Damon responds.

"You're not gonna tell me who we're having dinner with?" I ask.

"I think you'd like to find out for yourself. Not get ready we're leaving in 15," Damon says walking off.

I find a semi-casual outfit for the dinner and head downstairs to wait to leave. Once everyone was ready we head over to wherever we're going. Once we make it to the door, Stefan rings the bell. And to my complete surprise, the most unexpected person opened the door.

"Elijah?" I question as I feel my eyes start to tear up a bit.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived," He smiles.

Damon, Stefan, and I walked inside the house to find Klaus standing in the dining room, "Damon. Stefan. Athena," Klaus says acknowledging our presence.

"I'm sorry. But can I steal Elijah for a little," I say choking on my words a bit.

"Of course, I'm sure you two have lots to talk about," Klaus responds as Damon and Stefan nod.

"We won't be long," I say and pull Elijah back outside and shut the door. The first thing I do is throw myself into his arms.

"I'm so glad you're ok," I say feeling a slight weight lift off my chest.

"Me too. I'm glad you're safe," He responds pulling away.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep him at bay. I tried my best but he just kept pressing. And now he made me a hybrid and I'm trying to fight this sire bond as hard as I can but it's getting--" I start to word vomit and feel tears fall down my cheeks.

"Athena...Athena. It's ok. I know you only did the best you could. You still kept your promise. But more than anything I'm glad you're not hurt," He says with his soothing voice.