31. Sliver of Hope

Post Date: 01.19.21

Word count: 2.6k

Based off: 04x12 "A View to a Kill"

Warnings: suicide (via compulsion)

--------------------

I wake up to the peaceful sound of nothing considering Stefan went to wherever and Damon was on lockdown. But my peace was interrupted by a call from Elena.

"What's up?" I ask answering the phone.

"Did you just wake up?" Elena asks.

"I had a rough night, ok? So what's up?" I respond.

"There's vervain in the water so be careful," Elena says.

"Great, adding to my list of things to avoid. At least I'm at the Salvatores and they have a system to filter that stuff out. I guess I'm staying here longer than I wanted," I say.

"What do you mean by that?" Elena asks.

"Well, I feel like I'm always in the way or a nuisance here. So I figured I'd move everything back to my house," I say.

"I'm sure you're not. Talk to you later," Elena says and hangs up.

I walk downstairs to find Stefan coming back, "He's back," I say when he closes the front door.

"Hello, mon petit tournesol," Klaus says as he follows Stefan into the house. I immediately turn around when I see him, but he grabs my arm. "Can we please talk later, sometime soon?" Klaus says but I don't even turn around to give him the satisfaction that I'll entertain the idea.

"How about you two deal with your couple problems later," Stefan says. I roll my eyes at his comment but still stay silent. The two boys head down to the cellar room and I head back upstairs.

Since no one needed help or nothing crazy was happening, I decided to have a chill day drawing and painting. A few minutes later I hear a knock on my door but I don't go to answer it, "It's just me," Stefan says.

"What could you possibly need from me?" I ask answering the door.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Stefan points out.

"Look, Kol compelled me to do who knows what. And considering he's a Mikaelson, it's probably something to do with Klaus. Who I am gladly avoiding. So can you please just leave me alone, for one day?" I say shutting the door.

"I need you to make sure Klaus doesn't kill Damon or do something else stupid with him," Stefan says stopping my door from shutting all the way.

"Are you trying to piss me off more? I'm just asking for one day," I say.

"Please. I just need you to check up on them every few hours. You don't even need to stay down there that long," Stefan says.

"So the babysitter needs a babysitter?" I question.

"It's Klaus," Stefan says.

"Fine, but you owe me," I say.

"Deal," Stefan says and walks away.

A few hours pass by and I decide to actually do what Stefan wishes since I made him owe me something, not sure what though. As I walk down to the cellar, I hear the two boys talking

"Some people are just more capable of forgiveness than others. Bet you score about a negative 500 in that realm," Damon says as I walk closer to where Damon is being held

"Come on. There must be a secret. It can't just be the sire bond. What is it? Compulsion? Manipulation? What is it you say to her?" Klaus asks Damon as I stop in my tracks to listen.