11. Windy City

Post Date: 07.07.20

Word count: 3k

Based off: 03x03 "The End of the Affair"

----------------------------------------------------

After the event in Tennesse, Klaus had one of his little minions pick us up in a black SUV. We spent the next few days driving to Chicago for some unknown reason to me, "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says as we pull into a warehouse of some sort.

I follow Klaus and Stefan out of the SUV once we've parked, "Why are we in Chicago?" I asked confused

"I know how much you loved it here, Stefan. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days. As for you love, I thought you'd love to see the city." Klaus says opening a door to reveal a semi-truck backing up. I didn't respond to Klaus' explanation considering I was still pissed about what happened in Tennesse.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan responds.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it Legend." Klaus says back as I stand behind the two shaking my head before sitting on the ground.

Klaus starts to tell a short story before cutting himself off, "Chicago was magical."

"Yeh, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan responds before moving away from the door.

"Down to business, then?" Klaus asks as Stefan is clearly not interested in the story.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asks.

"Same. I don't understand why I'm still here," I say getting up from the ground.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus says getting ready to get back in the SUV.

"Our?" I ask.

"Yes, we're all involved in this. Together." Klaus responds as Stefan and I get back in the SUV as well.

W arrive at our next destination, a building of some sort, "Come on love." Klaus puts his hand out to help me out of the car.

"Do I have to come?" I ask not budging from my seat. He doesn't speak a word but instead just giving me a look of, "yes you have to."

I reluctantly move from my seat in the car but help myself out. We walk into the building into what looks like a bar, "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asks Stefan.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan responds looking around.

"You got to be kidding me," Some woman says from the other side of the room.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender–" Klaus starts.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you." The woman interrupted Klaus and started walking towards us.

"Yeah. You're Gloria." Stefan states as she hums in agreement. "Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die, Who's going to run this place, huh?" She interrupts once more.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch," Klaus whispers slightly over to Stefan.

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." Gloria explains.

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar." Klaus turns to Stefan, who reluctantly agrees.

"You look ravishing by the way." I roll my eyes at Klaus' comment.