09. Deal?

Post Date: 06.16.20

Word count: 2.8k

Based off: 02x22 "As I Lay Dying"

----------------------------------------------------

"What the hell, Elijah?!" I push him away as we finally come to a stop.

"I'm sorry I had to, to protect you. You're my family too," He responds, setting Klaus down.

"Protect me from what?!" I scream over the pained groans coming from Klaus as he continues his transformation. Elijah just stands there speechless.

I scoff at him, "Huh?! You can't just--" I start again.

"I can't lose you again! We...can't lose you again." Elijah finally lets up. I just stare at him with a sad and slightly confused look. Before I could even think of a response, we hear growls from beside us, Klaus' transformation is complete. Klaus speeds away and before I know it, Elijah speeds him and I away to follow.

We spend the next two days following Klaus, cleaning his mess up, "Elijah, I get that you want to protect me. I mean I did everything to protect my friends. But you can't just whisk me away, assuming that I'd be willing to stay with you again. So, I'm asking that you could just let me go, please?" I say softly.

"Athena. You kept Klaus' head level, for the most part, when you were with us. I brought you, hoping that you being here would change how he's been since you left. I'll make a deal. If having you with us doesn't keep him at bay, then I'll let you go. I promise." Elijah suggested.

"You can't guarantee that Klaus would be ok with that. It was hard enough for me to leave before." I state.

"I promise, I'll find a way to make you disappear." He says as Klaus starts to transform back into his human form.

"You give me your word?" I question.

"I give you my word," Elijah repeats as Klaus begins to wake up. I turn around seeing as Klaus was naked.

"You've been busy," Elijah turns to Klaus as he tosses clothes on top of him.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" Klaus asks as I hear him rustling in the greenery.

"Almost two days," I reply still turned around.

"Oh, love. This isn't anything you haven't seen before," Klaus says as I can feel his gaze pierce my back.

"Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Elijah adds.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know." Klaus points out as I turn around knowing that he now has his pants on. I see the smile plastered on his face as I just stare at him blankly. "I remember every single kill." He states.

"Yeh, Elijah's been cleaning up your little mess along the way. Dragging me around with him," I chime in.

"Just like old times, brother." He stares at his brother. "And you, love. Oh, how I've missed you." He turns his gaze to me.

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah speaks before you, handing Klaus his shoes.

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah, wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." Klaus says cockily.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus," Elijah states as he brushes off a jacket.

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me." Klaus looks between Elijah and me while putting his shirt on.

"I could have. But I didn't" Elijah states holding Klaus's jacket for him to put on.

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven. As well as for you, Athena," Klaus says, but I can only feel that is untrue.