15. Flutters

Post Date: 08.25.20

Word count: 2.8k

Based off: 03x08 "Ordinary People" | 03x09 "Homecoming"

----------------------------------------------------

After spending the day taking care of myself and doing errands around the town I make my way to the Salvatore house. I walk in to find Rebekah and Elena in a fight.

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop," Elena yells.

"Shut up! Just Shut up! Don't talk anymore! Nothing!" Rebekah yells back pushing Elena against the wall.

"Rebekah!" I yell making my way to them but she holds me by my neck as well. After a few moments, she lets go of both of us and backs up, starting to cry and falling to the ground.

"Just go, Elena," I say, wanting to keep her from harm. Elena quickly leaves the room as I try to go and comfort Rebekah and try to get her on my side.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as I kneel next to her.

"No, I'm not! Elena just told me my brother killed my mother," she says sobbing.

"Hey, hey it's ok. We're gonna figure this out. We'll get Mikael out of your life and then Klaus out of ours," I tell her.

"What do you know about family? You're the one to talk about taking Klaus out! You loved him and he made you a hybrid, I highly doubt you really want to take Klaus out!" Rebekah rants.

"You're right. I don't know anything about family. My parents were murdered when I was still a kid. I never had a place to call home, people to call a family. But I met a pack that helped me through my transitions and had people to call family. But Klaus, he broke any chance of reconnecting with me when he killed them on his hunt for hybrids. I can never forgive him for killing my family," I tell her.

"So you really want to take Klaus out?" She asks calming down.

"Truly. I will help in any way to take him out. I will stick by your side and the others in your revenge," I tell her.

"That means a lot," She says as she seems to finally calm down completely.

After helping Rebekah get ahold of herself, I head upstairs and sleep for the night. The next morning I head downstairs and into the library where Stefan, Damon, and Elena are talking about a plan to lure Klaus back here.

"Ok. Fine. We vervained him. And in the process discovered that he had a dagger," Stefan says as I make my way in.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead--" Elena starts.

"We drove it through his heart," I say making my presence known.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asks.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. And you Athena, have been sired to Klaus. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you two getting tripped up and tongue-tied," Damon states.

"For the last time. I'm with you guys. I want to take Klaus down," I respond.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here," Stefan states.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof," I say.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael says entering the room with a dagger and white oak ash in hand. Elena and Stefan make their way over to him as Damon and I stay behind the banister.