19. One Down

Post Date: 09.22.20

Word count: 1.8k

Based off: 03x18 "The Murder of One"

--------------------

The next morning I head out to get breakfast with Elena at a small cafe,

"So hows everything with you?" Elena asks.

"I should be asking you that. But everything is ok. I'm--I'm handling myself. How's uh everything with you?" I ask her as well.

"I'm ok as well. I just wish I could do something to help Bonnie cope with her mom leaving again," Elena says as sadness fills her words.

"She'll come around I'm sure," I say putting my hand on top of hers.

"Well, at least I know one person I can check on. Damon's at Alaric's. I think I'm gonna bring them some coffee and food. Go check on Alaric, see how he's doing," Elena says.

"Good idea. I'll probably head back to the Salvatore's. This was good for me but I feel like I just need some time to myself," I say getting up from my seat.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later then," Elena says getting up as well.

Barely a few hours pass before I receive a text from Stefan telling me to meet him and Damon in the woods. As much as I didn't want to deal with whatever was going on, I thought I should go anyways. I quickly get ready and head into the forest to the location he told me where to go.

"Hey. What's with the, uh, cryptic secret meeting text?" Matt asks as I meet up with him, Elena and Caroline.

"I don't know. Stefan just said to meet here," Elena responds.

"Where's Bonnie? Texted her, too," Stefan asks as him and Damon make their way to us.

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So I think we should leave her out of this one," Caroline responds.

"What are we doing here?" Matt asks.

"We found some more white oak. Long story. Wait for the movie," Damon responds.

"Hang on. White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Elena asks.

"Nope. We all have a weapon," Stefan says before tossing a duffle bag full of stakes on the ground.

"Klaus has always been one step ahead of us. But now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked. Meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity. Which means we need to prepare for every opportunity," Stefan explains fiddling a stake in his hands.

"Scenario number one--You play Klaus," Damon pulls Elena to face the rest of us.

"Rebekah is our target. So we'll distract her and catch her off guard. To do that, we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied. Athena," Stefan says turning to me.

"Why do I always have to be Klaus bait?" I ask.

"Because he's obsessed with you. But for right now, we need you to play Rebekah," Damon says shifting you in front of Elena. "We'll use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking," Damon points to Matt.

"How?" Matt questions.

"Act interested. She's lonely, desperate," Damon says.

"Clearly. She slept with you," Caroline says as we all chuckle.

"Beefcake holds bombshell, I come up from behind her, grab her arms like this..." Damon says pulling my arms harshly behind me.

"Ow!" I say as he forcefully pulls them back.