34. The Final Location

Post Date: 02.16.21

Word count: 2.6k

Based off: 04x17 "Because the Night" || 04x18 "American Gothic"

A/N: This part is quite a doozy for Klaus and Athena. I decided to stick the two eps together because the 04x18 scenes I picked were fairly short and I wanted to share the piece of info that reveals a bit about them. I hope you enjoy!

--------------------

Even though I wasn't present for the little party Elena decided to throw. I thought it'd be nice to help Caroline clean the Salvatore house up. After I got ready I head over. As soon as I made my way in I could see why Caroline needed my help.

"It looks like a tornado blew through here," I say walking into the house.

"Tell me about it," Caroline says taking a sip from a random cup.

"Well, what can I help with? Well, I mean where can I start?" I ask.

"Anywhere. The trash bags are in the kitchen," Caroline says. I head to the kitchen and grab a trash bag. As I head back into the main room I hear a voice I'm not particularly keen on hearing.

"Tyler made it his life's mission to kill me. You can't hate me for driving him away," Klaus says.

"She can and so can I," I say walking into the room. Klaus looks up at me, almost with a guilty expression, but I just write it off as Klaus being broody.

"Hello, love," Klaus says almost returning to his normal self.

"Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to spiraling, so go away," Caroline says.

"Actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls," Stefan says walking up next to me. Stefan explains the situation to us as we continue to clean up.

"So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?" Klaus says turning to Stefan.

"It's not Elena," Stefan says.

"Well, let's just say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me," Klaus says sitting down.

"Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side," Stefan explains.

"How Shakespearian," Klaus responds taking a sip of his drink.

"But if he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side," Stefan explains further.

"That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire," Caroline starts.

"Every hybrid," I add.

"I wonder how many of those you personally killed. Care yet?" Caroline finishes.

"My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?" Klaus asks.

"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete 3 massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre. So if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him," Stefan says.

"So what's the play?" I ask.

"We look to see if  Shane had any info we didn't know," Stefan says. We all nod and head to Shane's office.