18. Lost in Thought

Post Date: 09.15.20

Word count: 2.6k

Based off: 03x15 "All My Children"

--------------------

The next morning I come out of my room to find Rebekah and Damon leaving his room, "Well surprise, surprise. Ah not really," I say as they pass my bedroom.

"I thought you'd be with Nik last night, seeing as you two have been getting closer and closer by the minute, guess I was wrong," Rebekah taunts.

I scoff and roll my eyes at her comment, "And why are you so worried about Klaus and me? Thought you didn't like me very much," I question crossing my arms.

"I just think that--" Rebekah starts.

"Let's not get into this ladies," Damon interrupts pushing Rebekah passed my room. I follow them downstairs as Damon escorts her to the front door. As Damon opens the door a very confused Elena is found behind it.

"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena asks after making her way into the house.

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?" Damon questions back while putting a shirt on.

"What's wrong with you? She tried to kill me less than 48 hours ago," Elena explains.

"Can't we just move past that, Elena?" Damon asks making his way across the room.

"So is that how it's gonna be now? I hurt your feelings, and this is how you lash out at me?" Elena asks as I settle myself on the couch.

"Well, maybe, for once. Something I did had nothing to do with you. Plus I don't see you grilling Athena for her and Klaus' little affair thing," Damon states pointing over at me.

"Don't put this on me," I respond.

"She's not actively sleeping with an original," Elena defends me. "You should know...that Esther's planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one happens to all of them," Elena explains as I hop up from the couch as quickly as I could.

"That's great. Klaus'll finally be dead. We win," Damon states happily. "Why do you two look like someone just shot a panda bear?" Damon asks noticing the upset looks on both Elena and I's faces.

"Because to kill Klaus, she has to kill all of them, including Elijah," Elena states.

"And he doesn't deserve that," I quickly state after.

"Exactly," Elena agrees.

"What about Klaus, Athena? Don't you have something say about killing him?" Damon questions.

"Just because I'm sired to him doesn't mean I don't think he deserves to die. He hurt me worse than anyone else has in my life," I state.

"Sure. And I'm supposed to care about Elijah?" Damon asks.

"Shouldn't you at least care about Rebekah?" Elena asks as I look at Damon raising my eyebrows.

"Two seconds ago, you were pissed that she attacked you. It's a win-win," Damon states. Elena tries to walk away but Damon quickly stops her. "Don't do anything to screw this up, Elena." Damon threatens.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks.

"He's right, you know. Klaus has to die. They all do," Stefan states coming from the hallway.

"See? Democracy in action," Damon states before Elena leaves bumping him, spilling his drink.

"Look I know they've all hurt us one way or another but we all know Elijah doesn't deserve to die. He's done the least to us," I state to the brothers.