40. Finally Returned Home

Post Date: 05.26.21

Word count: 1.4k

Based off: 01x05 "Sinners and Saints"

--------------------

The next morning I went to check on Haley, but she was still sleeping. I head downstairs to see Rebekah sitting in one of the day rooms.

"It's a bit ominous to see you just sitting here," I say.

"I'm waiting for Nik to get back," She says.

"Back from where?" I ask confused.

"From getting Sophie," She says as if on cue when Klaus showed up.

"We had a deal. You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Haley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches," Klaus explains.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Haley and I are Linked, remember? She dies, I die," Sophie responds.

"Then who were they?" I ask.

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," Sophie explains.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one," Sophie says.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asks.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches," Sophie says slightly hesitant.

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus responds.

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witches Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah adds.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie questions.

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine," Rebekah confirms.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie says.

"Do tell," Klaus says.

"I wasn't always an advocate for the witches," Sophie says as she starts to explain her story and her involvement with the faction. Klaus interrupts with a phone call from Marcel, agreeing that he'd go to the bayou to look at the dead witch bodies, to which he agrees.

"You can't go out there now. I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we loose the link to their magic," Sophie explains as Haley walks in.

"Those witches tried to kill Haley. I prefer for Marcel's informant not to find anything that would lead him back to us, to her, or to, you know, that," Klaus says implying that "That" is the baby.

"You are all class," Haley says.

"Stay put and save the rest of your story til I return," Klaus demands and leaves.

"Well you look better," I say to Haley. "I'm glad you're ok,"

"Thanks," Haley says as I walk back up to my room.

After a few minutes of hanging out I hear a knock on my door. "We've got a slight problem," Rebekah says as I open it.

"What?" I ask.

"Sophie and Haley are gone," She says.

"Really? Let's go find them," I say and we head out. We looked all over town until I remember what Sophie said earlier about consecrating the remains. Rebekah them leads me to the graveyard where the witches hand out.