22. Matter of Time

Post Date: 10.20.20

Word count: 1.9k

Based off: 03x22 "The Departed"

-------------------

I wait outside of Elena's hospital room with Jeremy, just hoping she's alright. Meredith, also Alaric's friend, pulled Jeremy away to talk to him about Elena's condition. Even though I could use my vamp hearing to listen in, I decided to not since it was about Elena.

"Hey, what'd she say?" I ask as Jeremy makes his way back over.

"She says Elena's fine, but I honestly think otherwise. She asked if I wanted to call anyone. I said Damon and Stefan," Jeremy explains.

"I agree. I don't know how they'll react to our choice to bring Elena to the hospital, but I guess they're the only ones we can really talk to. Let's just get them on the phone," I sigh.

"What'd you do now?" Damon says as he picks up Jeremy's call.

"Elena collapsed so Athena and I took her to the hospital," Jeremy says.

"You did what?" Damon says, exactly how I thought he'd react.

"We took her to the hospital," I say.

"When you find your sister unconscious, you call 9-1-1," Jeremy adds.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal," Damon says.

"Every remaining original is going to want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there. Athena, you should've just fed her your blood," Stefan says.

"Well, I'm sorry it's not second nature for me to feed someone my blood," I whisper only into the phone.

"Meredith wants to keep her here for observation," Jeremy adds.

"Jeremy, Athena, get Elena home. We're on our way," Damon says before hanging up.

"I think Damon and Stefan are actually right on this one," I say looking up to Jeremy.

"Unfortunately, I agree too. Let's get her out of here," Jeremy says as we make our way into Elena's room.

"Wha--what's going on?" Elena asks as Jeremy and I get all the medical stuff out.

"We're getting you out of here, it's not safe," I tell her as I grab her clothes to change. "Did you call Caroline?" I ask so she has a ride home.

"Yeh, Tyler, and Caroline are on their way. Matt's gonna meet us at the house," Jeremy responds. I stop and go to press my ear up to the door.

"What's wrong?" Jeremy asks.

"Someone's coming. Jeremy go and meet Caroline outside. I'm fast enough to get Elena out as soon as she's changed," I say. Jeremy nods before leaving. As soon as Elena came out of the bathroom, I explained the situation and then whisked her to the front of the hospital. We quickly got her into Caroline's car and made our way back to the Gilbert house.

"Couch," Caroline demands as she helps Elena into her house.

"I'm fine. I just--I want something to eat first," Elena says.

"We're on it. A soon as we make sure no one's lurking in the closets," Tyler says before him and Matt head upstairs.

"All right, couch. Now," Caroline demands again.

"Ugh, I told you, I'm fine," Elena protests.

"I found you unconscious on the floor with your nose bleeding. So, I agree with Caroline this time. Couch," I demand as well.