14. Confessions

Post Date:08.18.20

Word count: 2.9k

Based off: 03x06 "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

----------------------------------------------------

When I woke up I find myself in a familiar bed. As I gather my surroundings I notice a sleeping Damon Salvatore sitting in a chair next to the bed. I slowly get up, trying not to disturb him.

"Athena?" Damon questions as he perks up. "Thank god you're ok," He rushes over and cups my face.

"Wh–What happened?" I ask.

"Well, as far as I know. Stefan brought you back to the house. Is there anything you can remember?" Damon asks as he sits next to me on the bed.

"Uhh, the last thing I remember is Klaus snapping my neck after making me a hybrid," I respond.

"God! I knew that was gonna happen. Are you feeling ok?" He starts.

"Damon," I say.

"How do you feel? Do you need blood?" He continues to question.

"Damon!" I raise my voice a little higher and wait for him to stop asking questions. "I'm fine, better than actually. If I'm being completely honest, I've never felt better in my entire life. I feel kinda, whole," You explain.

"Well, I'm just glad you're ok," He responds back.

"What's going on downstairs?" I question as I hear voices and music downstairs.

"Stefan's having a little ripper party," Damon explains. I get up and make my way downstairs. Before I could make it even halfway down the stairs, I catch the whiff of blood.

I feel the urge to feed fall upon me. I try to control it but it's overwhelming. I rush to the two girls laying at the bottom of the stairs but before my mouth touched their necks, I find Damon in front of me.

"Are you ok?" He asks pulling my face upwards.

"The urge–it's just so–so strong," You explain trying to keep yourself from feeding on the unconscious girls.

"Just breathe. You can resist it," Damon says as I take a deep breath. The urge subsides a little and you continue to make your way to where Stefan is sitting. We find him with three other girls playing twister as he feeds on them. I try to keep taking deep breaths to keep the urges down but it doesn't help that there is blood spread all over the twister board.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug," Damon says to Stefan.

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house too, brother. Ooh! Would you like a spin? Athena?" Stefan asks shifting his gaze to me as he holds up the twister spinner.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena and Athena?" Damon asks his bothering while pointing at me.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be," Stefan states before we hear a knock on the door. Damon heads over to the door and opens it, as we find Rebekah standing in the doorway.

"Where's Stefan?" She asks as she walks into the house.

"Who the hell are you?" Damon questions closing the door.

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here," Rebekah complains walking up to Stefan.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care," Stefan responds.

"You're Klaus's sister?" Damon asks as he walks to my side.

"Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure. Which one's my room?" She turns her back to Damon to introduce herself and then asks where she's staying.