08. Sacrifice

Post Date: 06.09.20

Word count: 2k

Based off: 02x19 "Klaus" | 02x20 "The Last Day" | 02x21 "The Sun Also Rises"

----------------------------------------------------

I head downstairs the next morning to grab some food from the kitchen only to be greeted by an Elena and non-daggered Elijah at the front of the house.

"Ummm... Ele--" I start before she rushes to cover my mouth with her hand.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to her.

"I'll tell you, both of you. But not here," She whispers back.

"Can I trust you?" She whispers turning to Elijah.

"Can I trust you?" Elijah questions back. Elena seems to reluctantly hand the dagger over to Elijah to show that he can trust her. He takes it from her hand and now knows that he can trust her.

"If you want to come, Athena. I'm gonna head out soon." Elena whispers to me.

"Alright, let me get ready real quick. I'll meet you in the car." I respond and start to head back to my room. I quickly get changed and grab my bag before making my way to Elena's car.

Elena then drove us to the Lockwood mansion where we spent most of the day learning about Elijah's family history. Along with the curse and how it was really just a curse placed on Klaus.

The next morning I go to get Damon, who seemingly hadn't tried to get me up first, "Knock, knock," I say opening the door to Damon's room.

"Yes?" He lies staring up at the ceiling not even sparing me a look.

"You good?" I asked closing the door and making my way to his bed.

"Yes. No. We can't just let Elena sacrifice herself," He sighs.

"We can't exactly stop her either. This was going to happen regardless of what we tried," I say trying to ease him as I lay to rest my head on his chest.

"And you. What are we going to do once Klaus can finally get his hands on you? I'm not gonna let that happen." He starts to sound even more upset looking down at me.

"Damon, you know you can't control our every move, right?" I look up. "Look, I can handle myself when it comes to the Originals. Don't worry about me. Right now we need to focus on stopping the ritual and more importantly...kill Klaus," You hesitate to say his name.

"Alright, fine. I'm sure everyone is waiting for us downstairs," He gets up as my head just drops to the bed. I get up after him and head to my room to get dressed for the day. I head down to the library where everyone is.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah explains as I take a seat next to Elena on the couch.

"Elena and Athena, said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan questions.

"Klaus is a vampire. Born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it..." Elijah begins to explain.

"He'll become a true hybrid, huh?" I finish. Elijah nods, confirming my thought.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon explains entering the library.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena states.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon responds.