26. Fallen Friend

Post Date: 12.15.20

Word count: 2k

Based off: 04x06 "We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes"

---------------------

I wake up the next morning to find multiple calls from Elena. I call her back and she answers and starts speaking so quickly I couldn't understand.

"Ok. Ok. Just calm down," I say.

"Can you just get here as soon as possible?" She asks frantically.

"Yeh, I'll be there as soon as I can," I say and hang up.

I get ready as fast as I could and headed to Elena's. As I made my way into her house, I find her walking back and forth freaking out. As I make it further into her house I find Jeremy laying on the couch, although it does not look like he's asleep, more like unconscious. Damon comes in almost as soon as I make my way to Elena.

"What happened?" I ask ignoring that Damon had arrived.

"I uh couldn't sleep so I came down to get some milk. And um I saw the hunter and next thing I know I stab Jeremy in the neck with a knife," Elena explains.

"Ok well, at least he still has the Gilbert ring," I respond.

"I can't believe this happened. What--what am I going to say to him?" Elena says freaking out.

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon suggests.

"Damon..." I say and look at him annoyed.

"You should have called Stefan," Damon says, clearly unsure of why he was there.

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget god knows what," Elena explains.

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kind of trumps that. I mean, you should have called Stefan," Damon suggests once more.

"I don't trust him right now, Damon," Elena says.

And just like on cue, "Hey," Stefan says walking into Elena's house.

"P.S. I called Stefan," Damon says as I roll my eyes.

"What happened? Why didn't you call me?" Stefan asks.

"I just--I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands," Elena says and walks off.

"Could any of you listen to Elena, once?" I ask before Jeremy wakes up.

"Welcome back. How you feeling?" Stefan asks.

"What happened?" Jeremy asks.

"Long story. Buy the E-book," Damon says and walks to the kitchen. I head into the kitchen after Damon and help him clean up the blood staining the floor.

"You know you could be a little more sensitive right?" I tell him.

"Ehhh..." Damon says.

"Damon... it's her brother," I give him an annoyed look.

"Where'd Jeremy go?" Damon asks as Stefan walks in.

"School. Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit," Stefan explains.

"Or maybe he didn't want to linger in a house where his sister just jammed a knife in his neck," Damon says.

"It's Klaus," Stefan says looking down at his ringing phone.

"Ooh, time to face the music, pay the piper, dance with the devil," Damon says.

"You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill both of us," Stefan says confusing me.