04. The Sun and Moon Curse

Post Date: 03.31.20

Word count: 4.1K

Based off: 02x09 "Katerina" | 02x10 "The Sacrifice" | 02x11 "By Light of the Moon"

----------------------------------------------------

I wake up to an empty bed, not questioning where Damon was. I got dressed and made my way downstairs. I noticed chatter in the main room, it was Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Rose.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real," Rose explains, I freeze halfway down the stairs wanting to wait where the conversation was going.

"Who is he?" Elena questions.

"He's one of the Originals, he's a legend," Damon responds.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan explains further.

"Like Elijah?" Elena continues to question. Sometimes this girl needs to learn to just wait and listen.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." I roll my eyes at how Rose compares them.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan states.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asks trying to sort the information. Rose and Stefan disagree on the answer to Elena's question.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon starts.

"Which it is," Rose rebuttals.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you,"

"Which I'm not,"

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe," Damon says, even though he's not really sure.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan states as I get closer to the room.

"Not that you know of," Rose quickly responds.

"That's not helping," Damon says annoyed.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story," Stefan says clearly trying to calm Elena.

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose quickly says trying to get it through their thick skulls. I guess the only way to help them realize it, is for me to tell them what I know.

"Alright, we're shaking, you've made your point," Damon says, while I am surprised he didn't rat me out or really Elena either.

"But, I haven't," I say stepping into the room. They all looked confused except Damon.

"I'm gonna have to go with Rose on this one. That person you said that you've never met who's laid eyes on Klaus, Stefan. Well, you've met her." I say making my voice quieter towards the end of my sentence and pointing to myself.

"You've seen Klaus?" Stefan asks me making his way over to me.

"Seen him? I lived with him, for a time" I state.

"So should we believe what Rose says?" Damon asks.

"Klaus tried to never act out or anything in front of me, but I have seen him act out. What I can tell you is that if he's after Elena, it's not gonna be good, he really doesn't give up. And I promise that I won't let him get to you," I say turning my attention to Elena.