06. A Night Out

Post Date: 05.10.20

Word count: 3k

Based off: 02x16 "The Guest House"

----------------------------------------------------

I wake up and start to get ready for school, I hop in the shower and finish getting ready. I start to head to the kitchen before I hear slamming against the walls in Stefan's room. I rush over to see what's happening and find Elena and Katherine having some sort of standoff. Damon walks up behind me, "What is she doing here?" Elena asks, clearly annoyed.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb," Damon explained.

"How is that possible?" Stefan asks.

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." I roll my eyes at Katherine as she strokes a feather.

"I don't need you here. Get her out of here." Elena looks over at Stefan.

"You need me, Elena. You all do." Katherine says.

"What for? All you do is backstab." I say glaring at Katherine.

"We all want the same thing... Klaus dead. Unless... you don't Athena." Katherine looks at me expecting me to say I don't.

"He's done no favors for me, so why would I want him alive?" I scoff.

"Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off." Katherine ignores my response.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it," Elena says annoyed.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" Katherine says clearly forgetting that I'm in the room.

"We don't need you, we have Athena. But if you know something, say it or get out," Damon threatens.

"Fine. Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." Katherine nonchalantly says looking over to Elena and leaves.

"You almost ready?" Stefan looks at me.

"Yeh, I just need to grab a few things. I'll meet you and Elena downstairs." I respond and head back to "my room"

I go to the bed and grab my backpack, "Yes Damon?" I say as I turn towards the door.

"Do you really have to go to school? I mean you could stay here hang with me all day."

"No thanks. Why don't you have Andie come over to keep you company." I respond.

"She has a job to keep up with," Damon says seductively.

"And I have school, I'll see you later" I head out of the room to meet Stefan and Elena downstairs.

I cramp into the back of Stefan's car as Elena gets into the front seat. Stefan drives us to school. Once we got to the parking lot, Elena lets me out of the back, "Why is she still here? She was free." Elena says clearly talking about Katherine.

"She wants what we want...Klaus dead. Maybe she sees us as her only chance." Stefan slightly tries to defend her.

"Or maybe she's trying to lure you and Damon back into her web. I want her gone." Elena states.

"I don't think that's the case, it may be Katherine. But we all know that she's just trying to survive like she always does. I mean I don't want her here either." I interrupt their conversation.

"Athena's right, this could also possibly be just so she can survive as she does. But you're also right, she stayed. Shouldn't we at least try to figure out the real reason?" Stefan asks as we make our way towards the school.