10. Failed Experiment

Post Date: 06.29.20

Word count: 3.8k

Based off: 03x01 "The Birthday" | 03x02 "The Hydrid"

----------------------------------------------------

For the next couple of days, you spend time with Klaus and Stefan traveling. Looking for a pack of werewolves. Klaus never told me what or whose pack we were looking for, all I knew that he was on a mission to look for a specific one. After visiting someone in Pensacola Florida, and then talking to another person in Memphis Tennesse we made our way to some other house in Tennessee. 

"Athena, love. What exactly do you know about Ray Sutton?" Klaus questions from the front passenger seat of Stefan's car. I perk up, hoping that he's not after the pack I call my family.

"Uhhh... not much," I respond a bit hesitantly.

"Love, there's no reason to withhold information. I will find out one way or another," Klaus responds turning around to look at me from the front seat.

"I don't know much. Just that he's in Tennessee and he took me in when I first transformed." I sigh.

"Is that all?"

"I mean, I just know the pack members. Nothing else. I swear." I respond getting a bit nervous. We finally make it to our next stop. Klaus explains the plan as we stop a couple of feet away from the house.

"Now, stay in the car and don't make a sound. We'll be right back, love" Klaus says as him and Stefan get out of the car. As I wait for them to finish their job I sit impatiently hoping we can just get a move on.

I see Klaus make his way to the car as I hear screaming, "You're lucky there's no one else around, I can hear the screaming," I say as Klaus opens the door and sits down in the passenger seat. He doesn't respond as Stefan makes his way into the car, I hand him a napkin to wipe his face as he sits in the driver's seat.

"Next stop Southern Comfort," Klaus says as Stefan starts the car. We drive for a few more hours. I drift to sleep knowing that there's nothing better to do. I wake up to us pulling up to the bar with a blanket on top of me, guessing that Klaus probably put it there.

"You up, love?" I hear Klaus' voice say as I squint from opening my eyes.

"Good. Alright you two. Stefan you will compel the patrons to not react to our antics, so to say. When Ray walks in I'll approach him and ask him to direct me to his pack. If he refuses, we'll use wolfsbane," Klaus explains holding a bag up. "If that doesn't work. Athena, you're the backup." He finishes as Stefan leaves to compel the patrons.

"Shouldn't I be first back up?" You question pulling yourself up.

"Oh, you know me," Klaus responds as we notice Ray walking into the bar. My heart suddenly drops, wishing I could warn him. Klaus makes his way into the bar as Stefan comes to bring you through the back of the bar.

Stefan tells me to wait in the back as he and Klaus talk to Ray. I watch as they confront him. Seeing as Ray doesn't give the pack up, thankfully, I notice Stefan pull the wolfsbane out. As Klaus chains Ray in front of the dartboard, Stefan puts some wolfsbane in a glass along with some water and swirls the darts into the mix. Ray continues to struggle as Stefan questions him and throws some darts towards him.

Not being able to handle seeing him in pain I rush out from the back, "That's enough Stefan!" I shout making my way over to the table he's at.

"Come on you know I can't stop," I ignore Stefan's comment and make my way up to Ray.

"You're with them?" He whispers to me in pain.

"Not on my own accord." I look at him shifting my eyes between the darts in his body and start to pull them out. "Look, I can't do anything to stop this. And I know you shouldn't give up the location of the pack but, to stop this you might have to," I say feeling tears start to well up in my eyes. I turn to look at Stefan and Klaus, noticing they won't back down.