Chapter 27 ~ Avalon

Merlin and I ran towards Sophia's chambers to try to find Aulfric. We get to Sophia's room, and I could hear Alufric and Sophia talking. Merlin was about to run straight into them but grabbed him.

"They are around the corner" I whisper.

"I must go to the elders," Aulfric says.

"The elders?" I ask 

Merlin shrugs and pokes his head out from the doorway he gestures me to follow him. We follow Aulfric all the way out of the castle into the woods. He walked for a while longer when he stopped by a lake. Merlin and I hid behind a tree.

"I seek an audience, with the Sidhe(She) Elders." Aulfric shouts.

He begins incanting something, but I can't hear what he was saying. Once he finishes saying the spell, he lifts the staff he always carries, and it begins shining a bright blue. The lake began lighting up, and suddenly it looked like these little balls of light started appearing from the lake. When I looked at them closely, they looked like figures of light they were moving so fast Merlin, and I couldn't see anything. I glance at Merlin and see his eyes glow gold. I look back to the lake and see that everything has slowed down.

"Nice thinking, Merlin," I whisper.

Merlin smiles at me "Thanks,"

We look back at the lake and see that the figures of light were actually blue fairies I assume they where the sidhe elders

We look back at the lake and see that the figures of light were actually blue fairies I assume they where the sidhe elders. My attention drifts to the lake water, and I see a city in the lake it was small, I suspect that's where the fairies came from.

"I come before you to plead for the chance to win passage back to Avalon and a life of immortality." Aulfric shouts.

Avalon must be the city in the lake. A fairy flies in front of Avalon.

"Your punishment for killing another Sidhe is a mortal body and a mortal life. You will never be able to return to Avalon." The fairy says.

"The crime was mine, not my daughter's." Aulfric pleas

"The gates of Avalon remain closed to your daughter unless the soul of a mortal prince is offered up to them." The fairy leaders says

Arthur! I glance at Merlin, and he was thinking the same thing as me.

"Thank you!" Aulfric shouts "An immortal life for my daughter is all that I desire. So I promise you the soul of the greatest Prince of all-- Arthur Pendragon!" 

The Sidhe smiles then all of them start disappearing back into the lake. Aulfric started doing this creepy evil laugh. Just then he turned around, Merlin and I quickly hid behind the tree. 

"Merlin, we have to go,"  I whisper.

Merlin nods. We quickly run and head back to the chambers. We tell Gaius everything we say.