Chapter 34 ~ Single Combat

"Liv, time wake up,"  Merlin says gently

I groan and turn away from Merlin "Five more minutes,"

"Liv, I need to go to Arthur. Can I trust you to get up?" 

"Mmh" I mumble.

Merlin laughs "Okay, see you at the arena?" 

"Yes, now let me sleep," I complain.

I hear Merlin chuckle and the door opening and closing. 

I roll onto my back and look at the roof, well now I can't sleep again, Merlin already woke me up. I stand up and get changed into a dress.

I walk down to the arena and see Arthur and Sir Owain walking into the Arena

I walk down to the arena and see Arthur and Sir Owain walking into the Arena. Merlin was walking with them, but he stopped at Gaius by the entrance. I head over to Merlin. 

"Does Arthur think Owain can win?" I ask Merlin.

"He gave him some good pointers, but I don't know," Merlin replies.

I look to the middle where the knight turns to Owain.

"The fight shall be to the knights' rules," Arthur says "And to the death,"

Everyone looks around nervously, Arthur walks to where Uther was sitting and stands in front of the chair next to him.

Owain and the black knight gets ready to fight. "Let battle commence." 

Owain and the black knight begin fighting. There was a lot of blocking on Owain's side than actual sword slashing. Owain was taking an actual beating. I glance over at Arthur; he looked anxious.

The knight kicks Owain to the floor. He jumped up extremely quickly.

"One well-aimed blow," Arthur shouts.

Owain was on one knee and with his shield up the Knight lifted his sword and I am sure Owain stabbed the knight.

"Yes!" Merlin and I shout.

Gaius looks at us puzzled. The knight continues like it wasn't even hurt.

The knight kept hitting Owain's shield again. Eventually Owain lost balance the Knight kneed Owain in the face knocking him out. The knight stands over Owain holds up his sword and pushes it down into Owain. I feel a tear run down my cheek. I look over to Arthur he was sitting on the edge of his chair looking down to the floor.

The knight turns and faces the king again. He takes off his gauntlet again.

"Who will take up my challenge?"  The knight throws his gauntlet to the floor.

Arthur looked so angry he was about to jump over the wall but Uther grabbed him, Arthur looks at Uther and steps down. Another knight jumps over the wall and picks it up. Arthur looks at the knight.