Chapter 88 ~ Peace treaty

There was a major peace conference happening between Camelot and two other kingdoms. I was on my way to one of the spare rooms; Arthur had called me there for some arb reason. I walk into the room and stop next to Arthur.

"Ah, may I present Olivia", Arthur holds a hand to me.

I look in front of me and see a blonde girl with green eyes. She was wearing a blue dress.

"She'll be looking after you for the duration of your stay," Arthur says. "You will want for nothing. She is truly one of Camelot's finest," 

She looks me over and laughs. "Then I fear for Camelot."

She turns and looks back to the table.

"Why me? Why not Guinevere?" I whisper.

Arthur turns me and leads me out the door.

"I chose you because you are Camelot's finest," Arthur says 

"Well, thank you. But I do not want to look after her; she seems to be a very mean person." I say, "She basically said I was bad or ugly." 

"Well, you are neither." Arthur smiles. "Good luck with that one."

"Yeah, this is your fault," I say 

He smiles at me, and we share a look.  

Arthur quickly looks away. "I need to prepare for the feast."

He turns and walks away. I watch him walk away sadly, then turn and walk away too.

 I watch him walk away sadly, then turn and walk away too

~Merlin's pov~

 I was in Arthur's room, busy cleaning his jacket for the feast tonight.

"Merlin?" Arthur calls, "What kind of impression do you think this gives?"

I turn and look at him and see him holding his hand up; his thumb was through a hole in his sleeves.

"That we have moths", I reply.

"Fetch me another." He goes back behind the screen.

I walk over to the closet. "And who might you be trying to impress, Sire?"

"Well, let me see perhaps the five kings sitting in the banquet hall below." 

"Oh!" I hand the new shirt to him and take the old one to the bed. "Not the King's daughter then? Lady Vivian, she is very beautiful." 

"Anyone trying to impress the Lady Vivian does so at extreme peril. Olaf would have their head in a vat of hot oil before they'd had a chance to say hello. Besides, she's not my type."

I smile when Arthur says this.

"She may be beautiful, but she's incredibly rude. You should've heard what she said to your sister."

"And anyone insulting Olivia should do so at extreme peril." 

"What?" Arthur asks

I turn and look at him; he was glaring at me. "Nothing. I know how you feel about her, that's all." I look back to Arthur's jacket. "That is if your feelings haven't changed," I say, looking back at him. "I presume they haven't."