Chapter 68 ~ Lady Catrina

It had been a week since the Juliana had been returned to Camelot, Morgana did as she said she would she got Jules a place in the royal household. She was a maid in the castle. 

Merlin Gaius and I were walking around in the lower town. Merlin and I had pots hanging around our necks and some in our hands.

"Keep up, you two. We've got a busy day ahead," Gaius calls.

"It's a busy day every day. You and Arthur, you work me to the bone." Merlin complains

"Do stop moaning at least the work's interesting." Gaius states.

"Please, we're collecting pots. There's nothing interesting about it we do the same thing each and every Thursday at exactly the same time," I say

Just as I said that someone grabs my arm, I get a fright at the sudden hand on my arm.

"Hey, watch it" Merlin pulls the man's hand off my arm.

"Please. We seek Uther Pendragon. Where can he be found?" The man asks

"I-" I begin

He pulls my hand up and puts some stamp thing in my hand "We have urgent business with the king." 

Gaius grabs the stamp out of my hand "Sorry, any business you have with the King will have to be pursued through the usual channels." 

Gaius looks at the bottom of the stamp, and there was a seal on it.

"But this is the seal of the House of Tregor." Gaius states "Where did you get this?"

"It does not belong to me."  He looks over to a hooded figure.

The pulls the hood down "It belongs to me."

Underneath the hood was a beautiful woman; she had long brown hair and brown eyes. I glance at Merlin, and he couldn't take his eyes off her.

 "My lady." Gaius bows, he looks up at us  "Merlin, Olivia."

We look at Gaius then bow too. 

Gaius got an audience with the king; Jules, Merlin and I were standing to the side.

As the woman walks into the room, Uther stands "Lady Catrina. Is it really you?" 

"I can hardly believe it myself," Catrina curtsies.

"We had tiding from the North that the House of Tregor had fallen to invaders," Uther says

"All that you heard was true, my Lord, and worse," Catrina replies

Uther steps forward "But  your father, the King."

"Gone, sire. The enemy attacked without warning; we were outnumbered five to one. He could not endure." She says "I wouldn't have survived had it not been for my faithful servant, Jonas." She looks at Jonas the back at Uther "But we did survive.  And we have made it this far." 

She falls forward into, Arthur runs forward just in case. Uther catches her.

She looks up at him "Forgive me, my Lord. I fear my trials have taken their toll."

"Your sufferings are beyond imagining, my Lady," Uther says "It would be an honour to help you in any way we can."

"A bed for the night would be most welcome," Catrina replies.

"Then consider yourselves as our esteemed guests." Uther states "It is the least that we can do"

"Thank you" Catrina smiles

Merlin Gaius, Jules and I were walking along the passage after the court. 

"She's very brave," Merlin says