Chapter 71 ~ The wedding

Merlin and I went our separate ways after we talked to Arthur. I went looking for Jules but had no luck she was probably somewhere flying around as an eagle.

The next day, I hadn't seen Merlin since yesterday, but I assume he is with Arthur. So I don't worry.

 Morgana asked one of the guards to tell me that she has summoned me to her chambers. I head straight to her room; I always love hanging out with her.

I walk in "Hey, I was summoned?"

"Hey, yeah. I wanted to know what you are wearing to the wedding." Morgana says.

I look down at my dress "Uhm; I was thinking... this."

"There is no way I'm letting you wear that to a wedding" She walks to her closet and grabs a blue lace dress "You will wear this."

"Are you sure?" I ask "Uther won't get upset that you are lending me clothes?"

"Yes, I am sure, and no, he won't get mad, and if he does, he will have to deal with me. Now go put it on." 

She hands the dress to me and pushes me behind the screen. I get changed and walk out wearing the dress.

 I get changed and walk out wearing the dress

"What do you think?" I ask

"Wow! You look... absolutely Beautiful" Morgana says "It looks much better on you than it ever did on me. Every man in Camelot would love to be able to be with you." 

"Thank you" I smile 

"Now sit" She points at the chair in front of her mirror.

I sit down, and she starts doing my hair.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask 

"Because we are friends and I really cherish our friendship" Morgana replies. 

"Aw, I cherish friendship too" I smile. "But usually this is my job for you."

"Well, not today. And done" She steps back and admires her work.

"Wow thank you, Morgana" I smile and look at her "Now, go put your dress on so I can do your hair

"Wow thank you, Morgana" I smile and look at her "Now, go put your dress on so I can do your hair."

Morgana walks behind the screen and gets dressed. She comes out wearing a beautiful white dress.

"Wow! and you say I'm beautiful."

She laughs and sits down in front of the mirror "Because you are, never doubt that. Like I said before men would be falling at your feet. You are a fighter, you know how to use a sword and a bow and arrow, and let's face it you are drop-dead gorgeous." 

"I really don't deserve you" I hug Morgana from behind.

I stand up and begin doing Morgana's hair. It didn't take me long to do it; because her hair was always perfect.

Morgana turns and looks at me "We are going to be the prettiest girls there." 

I smile "Not gonna argue there." 

"Now come on, we are going to be late."

Morgana links her arm with mine, and we head down to the place where the wedding was being held. Morgana and I were standing in the very front of the crowd; I don't know how she did it because servants or even peasants weren't allowed in the front row. 

The trumpets sound, Arthur and Uther, walk-in. Morgana and I curtsy as they walk past. Arthur bows for Uther then walks over to Morgana and me. Arthur looks shocked when he sees me. But maybe he was just shocked that I was in the front. He stood on my left. I felt his hand brush against mine; my heart did a flip. Suddenly I feel an arm on my arm. I jump a little from fright. I look to my right and see Jules she had squeezed in between Morgana and me. I sigh out of relief.

A little after Uther and Arthur came in, the trumpets sounded again, and in walks Lady Catrina. Uther holds his hand out to Catrina she grabs it, and they walk forward and stand in front of the priest while holding hands.

"My lords, leaders and gentleman of Camelot, we are gathered here today to celebrate, by the ancient rite of handfasting, the union of Uther Pendragon and Lady Catrina of Tregor. Is it your wish, Uther to become one with this woman?" The priest asks

I look around and see no sign of Merlin anywhere. I glance at Arthur and see that he is agitated.

"It is," Uther says

 "Is it your wish, Catrina, to become one with this man?" The priest asks

"It is" She replies.

As she says that I see Arthur tense more, I slowly step closer to him, but not too much so that people would notice. I gently move my hand to Arthur's hand and grab it, lacing my fingers in between his. His hands were loose at first, but then his hand tightened around mine. I glance at him and see him take a deep breath and loosen up.

"Do any say nay?" The priest queries.

I look to the crowd and see Gaius.

'Merlin?' I mouth

Gaius shakes his head.

"I Uther Pendragon, King of Camelot, I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee as I respect myself."

"I now pronounce you to be husband and wife," The priest says

The priest steps away, Uther and Catrina lean forward and kiss.

Uther and Catrina turn and look at the crowd. Arthur quickly lets go of my hand and steps away from me; my face drops. Either Jules saw Arthur let of my hand or she just saw my facial expression change, because she steps over to me and grabs my hand, I look at her and smile.

Everyone applauds for the new couple. I look back again at the door and see Merlin standing by the door, out of breath, dirty and sweaty. Whatever happened to him it must've been Catrina because when she saw Merlin there, she smirked. She also gave me an evil smile that made me want to shout to everyone here that she is a troll, but that would probably get me arrested, or executed so, I decided against it.