Chapter 92 ~ Crystal of Neahtid

Jules and I stayed in Ealdor for a day when we decided to go on a ride and maybe explore. 

"Where are we?" Jules asks

"I have no idea," I reply.

"So, you got us lost. This is why I told you that I should lead." 

Jules kept rambling about me getting us lost when I hear something.

"Shh," I say

"Don't shoosh me."

"Seriously, Jules, shut up." I say, "listen. What do you hear?"

"It sounds like...swords clashing, and men screaming."

 "Exactly, follow me."

I lead us deeper into the trees. We get to a small village.

"Are those guards and knights from Camelot?" Jules asks

"Yeah," 

I see someone going for Arthur. I quickly grab my bow and shoot the guy going for him. I see him look to where the arrow came from; he looks shocked to see me.

I jump off my horse and grab my sword.

"Where the hell are you going?" Jules asks

"I'm going to help,"

I see her roll her eyes then she jumps off. I run into the battle and start fighting. I slice down a few men and see my brother hiding behind a tree. I look around and see Mordred.

"Mordred..." I say in my head.

He looks at me and smiles. "Hello, Emeri."

He turns and starts running away. I watch him run and see Merlin use his magic to trip him with a branch. Mordred glares at Merlin. He must've been saying something to him. He turns and continues running. I look away and see almost everyone had been cut down.

Merlin runs over to me and pulls me into a hug. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be in Ealdor."

"We were in Ealdor," I say, pulling out of the hug.

Jules walks over to us. "We just decided to go explore, but someone got us lost." She coughs, "Olivia."

Arthur walks over to "What are you guys doing here? Aren't you meant to be visiting Ealdor?"

"Long story short," Jules says, "We went on a ride Olivia got us lost, and we heard fighting, and Liv had the bright idea to go toward it."

Arthur laughs. "Well, I'm happy you guys are back."

Arthur walks over to the fugitive. "Give me the crystal." 

"What's the crystal?" I whisper.

"The Crystal of Neahtid. It is a very powerful artefact of the old religion. Uther didn't want it in enemy hands." Merlin explains.

"What use is it to you? You are a fool!" The man says

Two guards walk forward and grab him Arthur shoves his sword into the ground and begins searching him. He finds a pouch, which I assume is the Crystal.

Arthur walks past us he was holding the crystal,  I don't know what it was but I felt drawn to it.

Jules and I go to get our horses then follow the men to the camp where we were going to stay for the night.

Merlin and I were sitting by the fire. I had my head on his shoulder and he was holding his head with his hand.

Arthur walks over to us "Merlin, check that the horses are fed and watered."