Chapter 62 ~ The druids

I wake up and feel a damp cloth on my head and extreme pain in one of my legs. I slowly open my eyes then close them again, it was really bright outside. I open my eyes again adjusting to the light. I look up and see... Mordred sitting over me.

"Mor... Mordred." I mumble 

I sit up and feel major pain in my head.

"You need to rest" I hear Mordred say in my head

I try and get up. "Ow!"

"Don't move your leg" Mordred says in my head.

I look at my leg and see it was bandaged neatly. "What happened?" I ask Mordred in my head.

"You were stung by Serket the giant scorpion, I could sense yours and Morgana's distress." He replies "A druid named Aglain went to help you once I told him." 

"Where's Morgana?" I ask 

"Don't worry she's with Aglain." Mordred states. "Would you like to see her?"

I nod and slowly lift my leg off the bed. I wince in pain but take a deep breath and stand up. I slowly limp out of the tent and see a big druid civilization,  it looks very peaceful her. Children were laughing and talking. I follow Mordred to a different tent. 

"Who told you my name?" Morgana asks "And where's Olivia?"

"I did" Mordred walks into the tent  "And Olivia is here."

"You," Morgana says 

I walk into the tent and see Morgana sitting on the bed with her leg stretched out, she was also stung by the Serket.

"When the Serket attacked last night, Mordred was able to sense your's and Olivia's distress. With his mind." A druid says.

"You must sit" The druid sitting by Morgana says.

He stands up walks over to me and grabs my arm he sits me down on the bed next to Morgana.

"Did you hear that?" Morgana asks. She looks at Mordred "How did you do that?"

"We don't always need words to speak to one another." The druid who I assumed is Aglain says.

Mordred sits next to me "Now I can take care of the two of you, like you did me." 

I smile at Mordred, I have to say I did miss him, but at least he was safe now.

The druid people put a bed for me in the same tent as Morgana so we could stay together.

The next day Aglain walks into our tent, Morgana had just poured us some water after we woke up.

"I trust you slept well," Aglain says

"Better than I have done in days," Morgana says

"Very well" I smile

Aglain hands us a cloak "Here, this might make you feel more at home."

Morgana and I grab the cloaks and put them on then get up and we walk out of the tent Aglain smiles at us and he leads us around showing us the village.

"They're surprised to see you here, if not a little afraid. Your king would have us killed" Aglain says

He helps us down a little hill. 

"They have nothing to fear from us," Morgana says 

"We do not share Uther's hatred for magic," I say 

"No, I imagine you wouldn't," Aglain says "These forests are dangerous. What brings you so far from Camelot?" 

"I'm searching for answers," Morgana says "We hoped the Druids might be able to give them to me."