Chapter 23 ~ Gaius

Merlin and I went back to our room after Edwin had talked to us we sat in silence for a couple of hours I was staring at the roof and was looking out the window. I eventually fell asleep staring at the ceiling turned out to be quite dull. 

~The next morning~

Merlin and I walk out of our room into the main room and see Gaius sitting at a table with a book; he looked like he was in an entirely different universe. 

"Have you been up all night?" Merlin asks, 

"Yes," Gaius says, Merlin was busy putting his jacket on, and I grabbed an apple from the table "But it was worth it." Gaius and I watch Merlin as he reaches for his bag and slings it over his shoulder 

"And where exactly are you going?" I ask.  

Merlin looks at me "

I told Edwin we'd be up at dawn to collect some supplies."  I

 look at him "Oh okay the-- Wait a second. we?" 

"Yeah, um I told Edwin we would both help,"  

I can't do anything but glare at Merlin, 

I look over to Gaius for help "Well you two better get a move on,"  

I glare at Gaius and walk out the door. Merlin and I went down to town to get the supplies Edwin wanted. 

"Why do you trust Edwin so much?" I ask. 

Merlin looks at me and sighs "Because he is like us, how many people do you meet that are like us?" I

 stop at one of the stores and get the supplies Edwin needed "Okay, I admit there aren't a lot like us around here, but then again we live in a place where magic is banned, and if anyone finds out we would be burned at the stake." 

I put the supplies in Merlin's bag then we begin heading to Edwin's chambers. 

"That is why I trust him; we don't see a lot of people with magic." 

 I look at Merlin "Okay if you trust him, I will trust him too, or try to anyway." 

Merlin smiles at me. "Thank you, Liv." 

Merlin opened the door to Edwin's chambers and walks in with me right behind when we enter the room we see Gaius in Edwin's chambers. I close the door behind me, Gaius and Edwin looked at us incredulously. Merlin glances at me then we walk forward. Merlin takes the bag off his shoulders. 

"We've got your provisions" Merlin hands the bag to Edwin.  

"Ah, thank you, Merlin, Olivia"  Edwin takes the bag and looks at Gaius. 

"Gaius was just reminiscing about old times, weren't you Gaius," Edwin says.  

Gaius glances at Merlin and me "Yes".

 "But now I must get back to work." Edwin puts a hand on Merlin's shoulder. 

Merlin smiles at Edwin and nods.

Gaius Merlin and I walk out of Edwin's chambers. 

"We better get on with our errands," Merlin says, looking back at Gaius. 

"No not we, you, I have no errands," I state 

"Yeah, well you are helping me now." Merlin smiles.

 "While we are at it can we get you anything, Gaius?" I ask grumpily 

"No, I'm fine," Gaius replies  "Just do what Edwin asks".

I look at Gaius he was acting strange, Merlin smiles at Gaius and walks off, giving one last look to Gaius, then follow Merlin.