Chapter 44 ~ The Labyrinth of Gedref

Merlin and I went back to the forest. We didn't want to see Arthur or his people suffer anymore.

"Anhora!" Merlin shouts. "Show yourself!"

"Anhora!" I shout 

Merlin and I continue walking.

"You wanted to talk with me?" Anhora appeared in front of us.

Merlin and I turn to look at him.

"We have come to seek your help," Merlin says, walking closer. "The people are starving. they will soon be dead,"

Anhora walks to Merlin "You must believe me when I say, it gives me no pleasure to see your people suffering." 

I step "If it pains, you put an end to it."

"It is not in my power to end the curse." Anhora states.

"Then give Arthur another chance." Merlin says "He has accepted it as his responsibility and will prove himself worthy and lift the curse. If you give him one more chance."

"You have faith in Arthur?" Anhora asks

"We trust him with our lives," I say 

"Arthur must go to the Labyrinth of Gedref. There he will face a final test." Anhora teleports behind us "If he fails, there is no hope." He teleports again "The curse will destroy Camelot."

Anhora disappears.

"Wait!" Merlin looks around "What kind of test will he face?"

Anhora's voice went out through the forest "That is for Arthur alone to discover."

Merlin and I race back to Camelot. We explain everything to Arthur. Merlin helps Arthur with his armour. As soon as Merlin finished, Arthur walked forward and grabbed his sword. 

"Let us come with you. You don't know what form the test will take." Merlin says. 

"We might be able to help," I say 

"Neither of you are coming," Arthur says. "I brought this curse upon Camelot. I'm gonna be the one to lift it or die trying."

"How does your dying help anyone?" Merlin asks

"I'll die knowing I did everything I can," Arthur replies

"We're coming with you," Merlin says.

"Merlin. Both of you are to stay here and help the people as best you can. Is that understood?"

Arthur stares at us then turns and walks out the door.

"We're going anyway, right?" Merlin asks

"Oh yeah."

Merlin and I walk out the door. Merlin and I got our horses and ride our of Camelot. We were far behind Arthur, so he doesn't see us. We get to a maze a little while after Arthur does. Merlin and I get off our horses and walk in the maze. Merlin and I stuck together in the maze. Merlin and I get to the middle of the maze and see Anhora standing in the middle with a sword.

"You said Arthur would face a test. And here you are preparing a trap for him." Merlin says

Anhora turns to look at us "The trap isn't for Arthur." 

I try and grab my sword, but vines suddenly wrap around us.

"It is for the two of you," Anhora says.

He takes us to a beach with lots of rocks and sits us at a table with three goblets. Arthur comes out of the maze and walks towards us. 

"Merlin? Olivia?" Arthur says