Chapter 79 ~ Morgause

I was standing at a knighting ceremony with Merlin and Gaius

I was standing at a knighting ceremony with Merlin and Gaius. Arthur was standing to the right of Uther while Uther was busy doing the whole sword over each shoulder arise knight of Camelot thing. All of that, Uther also started talking about the knight's code. I snap back into reality when I hear swords clanging and men grunting and crying out. A knight with armour walks in. Everyone draws their swords. Arthur moves to the front of the line.  Which I found stupid he was the crown prince just now the knight stabs him I mean the knight would be dead in seconds but so would Arthur.

The knight walks to Arthur and stops in front of him. The knight takes off the gauntlet and throws it at Arthur's feet. The knight challenged Arthur to a duel.

Arthur picks it up. "I accept your challenge. If I'm to face you in combat, do me the courtesy of revealing your identity," 

The knight lifts her helmet, and underneath was a woman. She had blonde hair and brown eyes. She had a very stern face it kinda scared me. It looks like she never smiles.

"My name is Morgause," She says

The court begins whispering, Arthur looks unfazed, which surprised me, but then again, he could be acting that way. I glance over at Morgana and she looks shocked. 

A little after the whole Morgause thing, Merlin and I were sitting in Arthur's chambers. Merlin was busy repairing and cleaning Arthur's armour for the duel tomorrow. And Arthur was pacing up and down his room.

"Do you know why she challenged you?" Merlin asks

"I'm the king's son. Perhaps she believed she will prove herself." Arthur replies.

"Yeah, but you don't want to fight her, do you?" Merlin asks

"I have no choice," Arthur says, walking around the table again. "If I refuse to fight her, I'm a coward. If I kill her, what am I then?" 

I am standing by the window watching Morgause practising outside with her sword. A short while later she turns and heads back inside. I was fiddling with Arthur's letter opener.