Chapter 60 ~ The Fire

I was helping Morgana for the next few weeks while Gwen was away. 

I walk into her room during the night "I brought you some extra blankets. I thought you might be cold." 

I walk further in and see she is still sleeping. I slowly creep to her bed and put the blankets down. I look at her table and see the candle was lit again. I blow it out and quickly walk to the other side of the room and put it on the table by the window. I walk back out of the room and close the door behind me. 

I didn't get too far before I hear Morgana screaming then a loud shattering. I run back into her room and see a fire.

I grab Morgana and run out of the room, we tell the guards and the run in and put out the fire.

The next day I was standing in her room explaining what happened.

"I came in here with some blankets, and there was a candle, but I blew it out," I say 

"Are you sure?" Uther asks

"I blew it out; I swear," I say 

"Olivia has been Morgana's friend and has been loyal to me for a long time;  if she said she blew it out, I believe her," Arthur says

I haven't really seen Arthur since he told me we couldn't be together, It was still hard being around him, which Is why I was happy Gwen went away for a while, and I was asked to take care of Morgana, It gave me a reason to keep a distance from him. And it didn't help that my feelings only. Grew for him.

Uther walks to the burnt curtain "She could've been burnt alive."

"Lightning struck the castle roof last night that could've started the fire," Arthur says

"Perhaps," Uther says

"What other explanation is there?" Arthur asks

"Someone started the fire deliberately," Uther says

Merlin was standing next to me.

"He doesn't think it was me, right?" I whisper to him 

"No," Merlin whispers. 

Uther walks past me. Arthur glances at me, then walks past. 

"Liv" Merlin says

"Yeah?" I ask

"I miss you hanging out with us," Merlin says.

"Yeah, I've just been busy with Morgana," I say

"What aren't you telling me?" Merlin asks

"What, nope nothing. Coming!" I quickly walk out the door.

Merlin runs after me "No one called you." 

"Yeah, someone did."

"What I don't understand, Morgana is how the fire started in the first place" We hear Gaius say.

"It happened so quickly. it was terrifying," Morgana says

 "It's all right. You're safe now." Gaius says

Merlin and I were by Gaius's chambers. We peer through a small crack and see Gaius standing over Morgana while she was sitting on the chair.

"You're the only person I've told about my dreams. I know I can trust, Gaius" Morgana says 

"Yes, of course, you can." Gaius states.

"It was me. I set the room alight; I started the fire." Morgana states

"I don't understand, did you knock a candle over..." Gaius asks

"No, that's not what happened," Morgana says "I did it just by looking at it. The flame suddenly leapt higher."