Chapter 31 ~ The escape.

Merlin comes running into the room.

"Liv, we have a plan," 

"What is it?" 

"We are smuggling the boy out of Camelot as soon as he is better. Well, not we Morgana is."

"Wait, why Morgana?" 

"Well if anyone else gets caught, they'll be executed, but if Morgana is caught, Uther won't execute her." 

"Okay, that's a good point. What can I do to help?" 

"Glad you asked. You and I need to steal a key from Arthur."

"A key to what?" 

"A key to a secret passageway." 

"Sounds good, let's go," 

I get up from the stairs and follow Merlin out. 

We had to stop at the kitchen to get Arthur's food. After we got the food, we entered Arthur's room. Merlin put Arthur's food in front of him.

"How's the search?" I ask Arthur.

He doesn't answer just glares. Arthur begins eating his food.

I see Merlin's lips moving. He must've been saying a spell. I look down to Arthurs belt and see a key floating off its hook. The keys go off the hook and float up just behind Arthur's head.  Arthur turns his head to look back at Merlin. The keys fly out of Arthur's view.

"Is there any bread?" Arthur asks.

The keys jangled a bit and a noise.

"What was that?" Arthur asks.

"What?" Merlin says.

"There was a sound." 

"What sound?" 

"Yeah, I didn't hear any sound," I say.

Arthur looks around, and Merlin moves the keys, so they are always behind Arthur, but the more Merlin moved them, the more sound they made.

Arthur stands up "What is that?" 

The keys moved above Arthur. He looks up, and then the keys move behind him. Arthur looks to the left, so the keys jingled on the right. Arthur looks to the right and the keys jingle on the left and so on.

Arthur spins to look at Merlin. "Can't you hear it?" 

"I can't hear anything." Merlin states.

Arthur looks at me.

"Hey, don't look at me I hear nothing."

"Are you two deaf? It's like a jangling sound." 

Merlin shakes his head and makes it look like he has no idea what Arthur was talking about.

I walk over to Merlin. The keys jangled above Arthur.  He quickly looks up, but luckily Merlin moved the keys. Arthur walks forward slowly.

"There!" Merlin points to the other side of the room.

"What?" Arthur spins around and looks to where Merlin's pointing.

"I thought I saw something," Merlin says

Arthur goes to where Merlin pointed. Arthur had his back turned Merlin moved the keys but dropped them into Arthur's the soup.

Arthur spins around "What was that?" 

"What was what?" I ask 

"A different sound, like a splash." Arthur states.

Merlin shrugs and holds out a piece of bread to Arthur. "Bread?"