Chapter 87 ~ Freya's death

Merlin kneels next to Freya, he pulls the hair out of her face.

"You must hate me." She sobs.

"No," Merlin says

"I'm a monster. I tried to tell you" She cries.

"I know," Merlin says

She closes her eyes "I wasn't always like this." 

"Shh, you shouldn't try to talk," Merlin says

"There was a man. He attacked me. I didn't mean to hurt him, but I thought he was going to kill me." Freya cries.

"It was an accident" Merlin states.

"His mother was a sorceress. When she found out, that I'd killed her son. She cursed me to kill forevermore"

Freya grunts in pain.

"I'm going to make you better, Freya," Merlin says 

"No, Merlin, the wound is too deep. Please go." She says

My heart broke for my brother.

Merlin shakes his head. "No. I'm not leaving you here."

Merlin looks at the dress then looks at me. I nod Merlin turns away, I quickly help Freya into the dress. I put my cloak back on.  Merlin turns around, he walks forward and picks Freya up. 

"Where are we going?" I ask

"To a place that looks like her home," Merlin says.

We walk through the whole night. We got to a beautiful lake with white mountains in the distance. Merlin sits down with Freya on his lap I sit down next to them. Merlin gently nudges Freya awake, she looks to the mountains and smiles

"You remembered," She says.

"Of course," Merlin says tears were forming in his eyes "I'm so sorry for what that sorcerer did to you." 

"Merlin, you have nothing to be sorry for," Freya says.

"There must be something I can do. Some way to save you." Merlin says

"You've already saved me. You made me feel loved." She closes her eyes.

Merlin was fighting his tears "I don't want you to go."

She opens her eyes again "One day, Merlin, I will repay you. I promise"

She stops breathing and her head falls back. I suck in a breath, I feel so bad for my brother. This is one of the first girls he's ever truly cared about that's not me.

"Freya." He puts his hand on her cheek.

Tears roll down his cheeks he pulls her into a hug. While Merlin was hugging her I grabbed a boat and covered it with flowers and leaves. 

"Mer..." I say

He looks at me then at the boat. He lifts Freya and puts her in the boat.

He holds his hand up "Westiray"

The boat floats out to the middle of the lake. Merlin watches her go he slowly walks into the water, I follow him, I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wec...." He tried to say a spell.

He starts crying and turns into my arms, he puts his head on my shoulder.

"Want me to do it?" I ask gently.

I feel him nod. He slowly turns around, I put my arm around him reassuringly.  Merlin closes his eyes.

I hold my other hand up toward the boat "Wecce on saebat baelfyra maest,"