Chapter 13 ~ The treaty

Today was a big day for Camelot. The kingdom of Camelot and Mercia are signing a treaty of peace. I look out the window and see the kingdom arriving, I look over to Merlin.

"Merlin, We gotta get to the throne room," I say getting down from the window.

"Oh yeah okay let's go," He jumps up and walks to the door with me behind him.

When we get to the throne room. everyone was standing in like a line Merlin and I was standing on the servant side of the line. I look forward to seeing Mercia walking toward us so Camelot begins to, it kinda looked like a standoff. Both kingdoms meet in the middle. everyone looks so stern it was kinda stressing me out.

"Camelot welcomes you, The Lord Bayard of Mercia. The treaty we sign today marks an end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people," Uther says proudly.

Uther holds out his hand, Lord Bayard grabs it and they stare into each other's eyes, which if you ask me is a little strange.  Applause erupted through the room none of the servants clapped I don't know why though.  Everyone led out of the throne room and got back to their duties. Merlin was carrying some stuff to who knows where. I did offer to help but he didn't want any.

"Why do I always get landed with the donkey work?" He asks me

 "Well, you are a servant it's what you do remember,"  I laugh 

"My arms'll be afoot longer by the time I get this inside," He says 

"It's called character-building, at this rate, I think you need it," I smirk

"Hey, that's rude," He pouts

I can't help but laugh. Suddenly one of Bayard's servant girls falls right in front of Merlin and I.

"Sorry," She mumbles

"That's all right," Merlin smiles then looks up at me, I shrug.

"Excuse me," She mumbles again 

"Let me give you a hand with that," Merlin bends down to help the girl.

The girl and Merlin look into each other eyes I gag.

"And that is my cue to leave, see you later Merlin," I smirk 

"B... Bye," He stutters

I roll my eyes honestly first Gwen now this new chick, Merlin needs to give it a rest. I head back to my chambers to get ready for the feast Merlin had to go help Arthur with stuff so I had the room to myself. I changed into a dress that my mom had made for me it had a white shirt and blue skirt. Then I did my hair which took me forever to do.

When I finished getting ready it was almost time for the feast and Merlin hadn't come back so I assumed he was already there

When I finished getting ready it was almost time for the feast and Merlin hadn't come back so I assumed he was already there.  When I walk in I see Merlin standing on the other side of the room with what looked like a feather hat and a cape.  I walk over to him.