Chapter 93 ~ Idirsholas

My brother and I were standing to the side of the courtroom; a man was standing in front of Uther and Arthur. He was telling Uther something he saw.

"I'm a herder from the northern plains, Sire. Three nights back, we'd camped by the walls of Idirsholas," The herder says.

"Not sure I would've chosen such a place," Uther says.

"Good pasture is scarce this time of year." The herder continues.

"What is it you have to tell me?" Uther asks.

"While we were there we... We saw smoke rising from the citadel," The herder says

The court begins murmuring.

"And did you see anything else?" Gaius asks

"No," The herder replies.

"Did you go inside?" Uther asks

"No." He replies. "Nobody has stepped over that threshold for 300 years. You must know the legend, Sire."

"When the fires of Idisholas burn, the knights of Medhir will ride again," Gaius says.

I look at Gaius as he spoke.

Uther stands. "See to it, this man is fed and has a bed for the night ."

A knight walks forward and takes the herder out.

"Take a ride out there," Uther says to Arthur."

"Why?" Arthur asks

"So we can put people's minds at rest," Uther says

"Surely this is superstitious nonsense," Arthur says

"Gather the guard and do as I say." Uther orders.

We all walk out of the court. Merlin, Gaius and I walk back into our chambers.

"Why is Uther so worried?" Merlin asks

"Cause the Knights of Medhir are a force to be reckoned with," Gaius says

Merlin and I grab our bags.

"Do you believe all the stories, too?" I ask

"It's more than a story. Some 300 years ago, seven of Camelot's knights were seduced by a sorcerer's call. One by one, they succumbed to her power. At her command, they became a terrifying and brutal force that rode through the lands, leaving death and destruction in their wake." Gaius explains.

"What happened?" Merlin and I ask.

"It was only after the sorcerer herself was killed that the knights of Medihr finally grew still. Merlin, Olivia, if what Joseph says is true, then something has awoken them, and I fear for every one of us." Gaius states.

"Well, that's simply terrifying," I say, walking up to my room.

I pack a few supplies and grab my sword and put my armour on. Merlin and I head down to the courtyard and get on our horses. We ride out of Camelot and head towards Idirsholas.

We were riding along the path. Arthur and I were riding next to each other.

Arthur looks back at Merlin. "What is it, Merlin? Don't tell me you've been listening to Gaius' bedtime stories again?"

"I just hope that's all they are," Merlin says

"Merlin, don't panic; I'm sure it's fine," I say.

We stopped and made camp for the night.

The next morning we woke up early and rode the last bit to Idirsholas. We got to some runes, which I assume is Idirsholas. I get off my horse along with the others and grab my sword.