Chapter 77 ~ Gaius

I was sitting on a bench in Gaius's chambers with my head on Julianna's lap. Merlin was looking out the window. 

Gwen opens the door "Merlin, Olivia?"

I sit up and look at her.

"He won't let go. He won't stop." Gwen runs in.

"What happened?" Merlin asks

Jules and I get up and walk to Gwen and Merlin.

"The witchfinder's questioning Morgana again. I'm worried. She's close to breaking point." Gwen says.

"That's what he does. He breaks you down, and then you confess even if you're guilty or not." Merlin says.

"What do you mean?" Gwen asks

"Gaius was setup." I say "Aredian planted the amulet." 

"Why would he do such a thing?" Gwen asks

"Aredian's paid to catch sorcerers" Merlin was pacing "Maybe he doesn't care if someone is guilty or not. He gets confessions by lying, planting evidence. As long as he gets a confession, he gets his money."

"Is he always like this?" Jules whispers to me.

"Only when someone he loves is in danger" I whisper back.

"Even if this is true, what can we do without proof?" Gwen asks

"Does he do this for you?" Jules asks quietly.

"I'm not sure" I whisper.

"I think Arthur does it for the both of them" Jules whispers.

We chuckle.

"Get some," Merlin says he turns and runs out the door.

"Ah geez," I quickly run out the door and follow Merlin.

Merlin and I sneak into Aredian's room. Merlin walks to the table and knocks a tube over and makes a loud noise.

I roll my eyes and look into some of the cupboards. There was nothing in them; I look at Merlin trying to open a cabinet. I walk over to him.

"Tospringe," He says

The cabinet opens, and there wasn't anything exciting.

"What are those?" I ask whispering to Merlin.

I point at the flower petals in a case. He shrugs and opens the case; he grabs some of the flower petals and holds them in his palm. I grab one of them from his had. Suddenly I hear a door opening in the distant.

"Daeft thaet bedd." I say making the bed that Merlin messed up.

Footsteps started approaching. I look around for a place to hide; I grab Merlin's hand and pull him under the bed.

I see Aredian walk in. He walks to where Merlin and I were standing by the cabinet.  He walks around the room doing who knows what, he walks out of the room.

Merlin and I wait for a bit then get up and run back to Gaius's chambers where Gwen and Jules were waiting.

We showed them the flower petal, and we all started looking for what the petal could be in the books.

"This is hopeless," Gwen says.

"Keep looking," Merlin says

"We don't even know if this flower has anything to do with this," Jules says.

 "No, but this is the best thing we've got," I state.

We continue paging through the books. 

"Here, Belladonna," Merlin says.