Chapter 1~Camelot

My brother Merlin and I were sent away to the kingdom of Camelot by our mother, Hunith. Camelot was very different compared to our small village Ealdor, okay well we weren't sent away, but our mother thought it would be best for us to leave, Merlin and I are different. Our mother can't help us, so we are going to Gaius, the court physician our mother hopes he can help.

"Merlin, why did mom make us leave."

"She thought it would be best for us Liv. We are gonna love it at Camelot I promise and it's going to be much better there are more people Ealdor was too small we didn't fit in we are different. " Merlin said reassuringly.

"Yeah alright, are we almost there?" I complain trailing behind Merlin

"Well if you would complain less and look you would see Camelot is right over there." Merlin said, turning back to look at me.

"Oh... my bad," I say laughing.

Merlin and I walk through the gates of Camelot, and we were shocked, it was so huge the walls stood high there were guards posted on every wall and people everywhere. Honestly, I didn't even know where I was going. Apparently, Merlin does he was heading up toward the castle which made sense seeing that Gaius was the court physician when we got to the castle we saw a huge crowd gathering around one area. Merlin and I push through the crowds, and we see a man getting pulled by the Camelot guards. 

I whisper to Merlin "What's happening?"

"It looks like he's going to be executed" Merlin whispered back.

Suddenly we hear a voice which I assumed was the king "Let this be a lesson to all, this man Thomas James Collins Is guilty of conspiring enchantments and magic."

Merlin and I start getting nervous this can't be good for us; we have to be extra careful.

The king continues "And by the laws of Camelot I Uther Pendragon have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king. But for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can't pass."

I glance up at the castle and see a beautiful woman standing looking down from a window she doesn't look happy. When Uther stopped talking the man was killed by his head getting chopped off just before it happened I turn into Merlin I close my eyes and put my head on his chest he puts his arm around me.

"A long time ago today I vanquished sorcery from this land, now let the celebrations begin!"

"Let's go, Liv," Merlin whispers to me.

I nod at him as we are about to leave. I suddenly hear someone crying out. I spin around and see an older woman.

"There is only one true evil in this land, and it is not magic; it is you. With your hatred and your ignorance, you killed my son." She sobs

I look up to Merlin I feel so bad for this poor woman.

"I promise you before these celebrations are over you will share my tears and eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son," she screams.

Uther was looking worried I could see it in his face.

"Seize her!" Uther yells

The guards start running forward, but before they got there, the lady started saying a spell, and she disappeared into thin air. Uther storms back into the castle. He did not look happy.

Merlin grabs my hand "Let's go."

Merlin and I walk toward one of the guards "Where can we find Gaius, the court physician?" Merlin asks

The guard points to the stairs. "Thank you," I say to the guard.

Merlin and I head up the stairs and go into the door that has court physician engraved on it. I open the door gently.

Merlin pops his head through the door "Hello?"

No one answers he walks in I follow him in we look around there are all sorts of elixirs and herbs and mixes going, but we don't see anyone in the room.

"He did know we were coming, right?" I ask

I look up and see a man up some stairs by a bookshelf.

"Over there, Merlin," I say pointing at the man.

Merlin looks to where I'm pointing "Gaius?"

Gaius still didn't take any notice, but then Merlin coughs, and he looks down at us, but he leans too far back and starts to fall. Merlin and I acted fast I slowed everything down so it was going in slow motion and Merlin moved the bed so Gaius could land on it. As he landed on it, the time went back to normal. He got up surprisingly fast for an old man.

"What the? what did you two do?" Gaius says in shock.

"Um," we say in sync.

"Tell me!" He says quite angrily

"Well I-I have no idea what happened. You got anything?" Merlin says, turning to me.

"Nope, not a clue," I reply

"If anyone had seen that," Gaius says in a flat out panic.

"No no no that was nothing to do with us." Merlin starts to panic.

"I know what that was. I want to know where you two learned how to do it." Gaius started to calm down.

"Nowhere" I blurt out.

"So where did you learn how to do it?" Gaius asks

"We didn't," Merlin says quickly.

"Where did you study? Answer me!" Gaius keeps asking I mean seriously give it a rest you're stressing my brother out.

"W-we've never studied magic or been taught," he says even more panicked.

"Are you lying to me, boy?" Gaius says angrily

"He isn't, what do you want from us?" I say defensively.

"The truth," Gaius says calmer

"We were born like this," I say

"That's impossible, who are you anyway?" He asks

"Oh, I have this letter." Merlin reaches into his bag and gives it to Gaius

"I don't have my glasses." He says

"I'm Merlin this is my sister Olivia."

"Hunith's kids?" he asks

I nod. "yes."

"But you're not meant to be here till Wednesday," Gaius says

He seems to have calmed down.

"It is Wednesday," I say to him.

"Oh,  well, go put your stuff in there" he points to a room "I hope you guys don't mind sharing."

"Not at all." I smile as Merlin, and I head off to our room while Gaius sits down to read the note.

"Well, that was... eventful," I say laughing.

"That was enough stress to last a lifetime" Merlin laughs "Get some rest, Liv, it was a long day."

I hug my brother "Thank you for looking after me" I say, smiling up at him.

"That's what big brothers are for." He says as he hugs me back.

"Hey, you're only like five minutes older than me," I say grumpily.

"Still older." he laughs "So I will always look out for you."