Chapter 29 ~ The Druid

Merlin and I were walking down a passage when I heard what sounded like a boy screaming. I look up and down the passage, but no one was around, Merlin seemed to have been looking around too, but maybe he was looking where I was looking. 

We continued along the passage, and when we got to a hallway, I heard the same voice shout help. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Wait, did you hear that too?" Merlin asks.

"Yeah, who is that?" I say

"I have no idea," Merlin replies.

"Let's just ignore it.. for now anyway," I say 

Merlin nods, and we walk out to the door leading outside. 

As we get outside the same voice says "Help me, please."

The voice echoed in my head. I glance at Merlin, and he was looking around the courtyard. I start looking around too.

"Merlin look," I point to a boy hiding behind a concrete block.

Merlin and I look at him.

"Please, you have to help me." The voice rang through my head. "Help me."

Suddenly two guards rang past "Search in there. Take the other side. "

I look at the guards.

A guard walks to a random citizen "You did you see a boy run in here?" 

"They're searching for me" The boy's voice came again.

Suddenly I heard Merlin's voice "Why are they after you?" 

Merlin and I began walking to get a better look of the boy.

"They're going to kill me," the boy says.

"Why?" I say in my head.

Merlin and I run to a small passageway. 

"Merlin, you keep guard let me know when it's clear."

Merlin nods.

"Okay.... Now!" 

"Over here, run, run!" I say in my head

The boy gets up and starts running, and he was holding his arm that's probably what the scream was. 

"There he is!" A guard shots.

Merlin and I disappear into the tunnel, so we don't get seen helping a wanted boy. The boy runs into the tunnel. I grab his hand and run through the tunnel, we burst through a door into the castle and start running up the stairs. We took a right turn after the stairs.

"Over there." The guard shouts

Merlin the boy and I spin around and go up another set of stairs. We burst into Morgana's room and shut the door straight behind us. I had my arm around the boy's chest.

"Merlin, Olivia! have you forgotten how to knock?" Morgana asks in shock.

"The guards are after him. We didn't know what to do." Merlin says.

There was a pounding on the door.

"My lady?" The guard calls.

Morgana looks at the boy. The pounding got louder "My lady."

Morgana points to a corner that was hidden "In there." 

"Thank you," I smile.

The boy and I run to the corner Merlin was right behind me. We pull the curtain closed and stand there quietly. Suddenly the boy falls over, and I catch him before he falls. I shrink down to the floor, and I put his hand on my lap. I look up at Merlin worriedly. I look down at the boy and see a deep gash along his arm. I put my hand over the cut to stop the bleeding. Morgana comes into the corner and drops to the floor next to the boy and me.