Chapter 51 ~ Isle of the blessed

Merlin and I rush out of the room and get on our horses, we gallop out and head toward the isle of the blessed. We get to the lake and hear Nimueh saying a loud incantation we jump off out horses and get on our boat, Merlin used his magic to make the boat move.

The boat landed and by the shore and we jumped off and run up the stairs to the main area of the runes. Nimueh was standing over Gaius with a cup in hand.

"Stop!" Merlin shouts

"Back again so soon, Warlock. I see you've brought a guest. Who is this, your girlfriend?" Niwueh says 

"I'm his sister,"  I say 

"Oh, you are the other part of the great destiny." Nimueh smirks

"What have you done!" Merlin asks

Nimueh puts the cup down and walks to us. "Your Mother is safe. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Have you killed him?" I ask 

"It was his wish," Nimueh says.

"No..."  I whisper

Merlin groans upsettingly.

"I bid my life for Arthur's, not our mother's, not Gaius's!" Merlin shouts.

"The old religion does not care who lives and who dies, only that the balance of the world is restored. To save a life, a life must be taken." Nimueh looks at Gaius "Gaius knew this."

"It is not the old religion that has done this; it is you!"  I shout

"Come now, we're too valuable to each other to be enemies," Nimueh says calmly.

"No, we share nothing with you!"  Merlin yells.

"With my help, Arthur will become king." Nimueh states.

"We will make Arthur king!" Merlin shouts. "But you will never see that day," Merlin lifts his hand "Astrice!" I firebolt flies at Nimueh.

Nimueh absorbs the bolt into her hand. "Your childish tricks are useless against me, Merlin." She starts circling her hand, and a fireball begins to form in her hand "I am a priestess of the old religion. Forbearne! Akwele!" 

The fireball flies toward us, Merlin grabs me and jumps out the way dragging me with him. We land with a grunt. The fireball hits the wall and explodes, causing most of the wall to crumble.

"You alright?" Merlin asks.

"Yeah." 

Nimueh comes toward us we quickly jump up.

She creates the fireball again "You too are creatures of the old religion you should join me." 

"You think we would join forces with such a selfish and cruel magic?" Merlin says.

"Never!" I continue.

"So be it." Nimueh sends the firebolt at us again.

It was coming straight for me, but Merlin jumped in front of me taking the blow. He falls, and his shirt was burnt. I kneel next to him.

"Merlin, Merlin!" 

Nimueh stands over us. "Pity, together we could've ruled the world."

I glare at Nimueh as she walks away. I look back at Merlin; he was knocked out cold.

I slowly stand up "You should not have killed my friend or hurt my brother!" 

Nimueh turns and looks at me. I hold my hand up to the sky and create a storm. I lower my hand down to Nimueh and lightning strikes her. She screams and explodes it begins raining. I kneel next to Merlin and cup his face.

"Wake up," I say

He slowly opens his eyes "Are you alright?" 

"You got knocked out, and you ask me if I'm alright."  I laugh 

"Of course" He chuckles "Wait, Gaius." 

I swing my head around and look at Gaius still lying on the floor. I help Merlin up, and we go to Gaius. By now I was, we were soaking wet.  Merlin and I sit next to Gaius.

Merlin shakes him "Gaius, Gaius."

Gaius was sitting there and wasn't moving.

"No!" Merlin shouts.

Merlin and I started crying over Gaius we were both hugging him.

Gaius murmurs something we couldn't hear. We quickly sit up and look at him.

"Merlin, Olivia." He mumbles

"Gaius!" We say happily.

"Gaius you're alive," I say 

Merlin and I hugged Gaius. We sat up again.

"What did you two do?" He asks.

"Nimeuh's dead," I say "The balance of the world has been restored."

"You amaze me. You've mastered the power of life and death itself. We'll make a  great witch and warlock out of you yet." Gaius smiles

"So you believe in us now?" Merlin asks

"Well... I would do... If-- if you could... stop this blasted rain." Gaius says

We all burst out laughing. After a while, we all head back to Camelot. On our way back I told Gaius and Merlin everything about the storm and me striking Nimeuh with the lightning.

"So you mean to tell me you were the cause of this blasted rain?" Merlin asks

"Maybe," I reply. 

"Nice, I wish I could've seen that." Merlin smiles.

"Yeah, well you were a little busy being knocked out, which would've been me if not for you, so thank you." I smile

"Anything for you, Liv" Merlin replies.

We ride back to Camelot and never spoke about what happened at the isle of the blessed again.