Chapter 72 ~ The Potion

The day after the wedding Merlin was in Arthur's chambers, and I was heading to him now too.

I was walking down the passage when someone grabbed me; I jumped in surprise. 

"What are you?" I look up at the person who grabbed me.

Arthur puts a hand to my mouth. We stand to the side as some guards run past. Once they were gone, he pulls me into his chambers.

He closes the door "You two need to get out of here. The Kings ordered me to arrest you." 

"What?" Merlin and I ask 

"Catrina's accused you two of stealing her seal" Arthur states.

"But we didn't," Merlin says.

Arthur peeks his head through the other door. "I don't want to know, and you haven't got time to explain," He walks back over to us "If you value your lives, you'll leave Camelot right now." 

Arthur pushes us to the door.

Merlin turns to look at him "She is a troll. She's trying to set us up."

Arthur looks away then back at us "We've been through this."

"We're telling the truth," I say "We saw her."

"There was a knocking at the door.

"I don't care. Merlin, Olivia, you need to leave."

There was a knocking again. "Sire?"

"Go!" Arthur nods his head to the door "Go!"

Merlin runs out the door, with me behind him. I turn around and look back at Arthur.

We get outside and hear guards coming from down the hall. Merlin grabs me and pulls me behind a wall. They walk past us, and we continue running. We went back to Gaius's chambers, and he hid us in barrels of grain.

I hear the barrel creak open and two knocks, one on Merlin's barrel and one on mine.

I emerge from the barrel.  

"That was comfortable," Merlin says

He climbs out of the barrel.

"a necessary evil, I'm afraid. They picked up the trail we left. But it won't fool them for long." Gaius says.

Gaius had left one of Merlin's bandanas and one of my arrows. To distract the guards.

I jump out of the barrel. "Then we best be getting busy."

"Merlin, Olivia, be careful the guards are still searching for you." 

I nod and follow Merlin out. 

Merlin and I found Catrina heading to her chambers she was scratching her arm like crazy. She walks into the room, Merlin stands on a table and looks through the air vent thing that goes into the room. I stand on it and look through it, with him.

"Mistress, it is time," Jonas says

Catrina retches "Do i have to?" 

"You must keep up the pretence," Jonas says, opening a cabinet.

Catrina slams her hands down on the table "I hate being like this. So clean, it's revolting. I can't keep it up, this skin, face."

Jonas grabs a bottle from the cabinet and walks over to her.

"I just want to claw it off" Catrina bends down.

"Think of all the money and the power, soon it will all be yours," Jonas says he opens the bottle and pushes it to Catrina.