Chapter 41-k_thax

I've got writers block *sigh* life sucks...

Kay's P.O.V.

Days later I had to go to my father's house. We don't talk much unless it's "Where are you going?" Or "What's for dinner?". It's kind of petty, but I don't care. Their divorce is petty *shrugs*.

Connor: Hey. Did you ever find out the sex of the baby?

I nodded.

Connor: So, what is it?

I shrugged. I got up and made myself a bowl of cereal although it was 2 in the afternoon.

In the last few months, my dad started to grow out his hair. It was long and curly past his shoulders in just four months. He also started growing out his beard and stopped shaving. Now I know my mother kinda did this to him.

Anyway, he followed me into the kitchen and watched me make my cereal. He stared at me with wonder filled in his eyes. I got annoyed at his stare so I retured the gesture with a glare.

Kay: What?!

Connor: Is that really the first word you say to me in days?

I rolled my eyes and continued eating my cereal. He took the bowl from me and put it on the counter.

Connor: Talk to me. Tell me anything, like what cereal are you having?

Kay: Frosted flakes, nigga, damn!

I rolled my eyes and picked up my bowl. He took it from me again and I rolled my eyes and did an over exaggerated sigh.

Kay: Nothing interesting is happening in my life right now. Can I go to my room now and eat my cereal in peace?!

Connor: Nope. I want you to talk to me more. We haven't been getting along lately and it's annoying how we only talk twice In 24 hours.

Kay: Well what do you want me to say, my whole life story?!

Connor: Tell me how your day is going so far.

He ran a hand through his hair and took a seat in the living room. I followed him after getting some fruit snacks.

Kay: Today has been boring as hell. All I did was watch tv and eat cereal, fruit snacks and rice crispy treats. How was your day father?

Connor: Thank you for asking. It was stressful. I had to type up this contract for the divorce and then I had all this paper work to do, then my new assistant is just so stupid! I swear I'm gonna fire him. All I want to do now is just...get a hair cut.

Kay: Then get a hair cut.

Connor: It's alot of work.

Kay: At least shave, your beard makes you look like a hobo.

I sat and thought for a second, laughing slightly to myself. I then thought of what Laura said the other day about having a mom and a sister.

Kay: Did you know mom has a sister?

Connor: Um...no...since when?

Kay: Well, I think she does. Long story short, I think Laura is her sister.

Connor: Your therapist?

Kay: Yup. But how about we have dinner tonight?

Connor: Sure. I'll make reservations for tonight at 7.

Kay: ok.

I went to my room and called my mom. When she answered, it sounded like she was just yelling at someone.