Chapter 44-k_thax

Jade's P.O.V.

I was asleep in Connor's arms, peacefully dreaming. My phone rang on the bed side table and I lazily reached over to grab it.

Jade: Hello?

Ray: Ma...

Jade: Ray? What's wrong?

Ray: Kay...she's in the hospital.

Jade: What?! What happened?!

I jumped out of bed and put on some more sweats. Connor's grip on my waist tighted as he pulled me closer. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed a hoodie. I think I disturbed Connor while I was getting dressed.

Connor: *groans* Don't leave me again.

Jade: We have to leave, Kay is in the hospital.

Ray: Ma? Are you still there?

Jade: Yeah, I'll be there in about ten minutes.

Connor took the phone from me while getting up and dressing himself.

Connor: What happened to my baby girl?!

Ray: I don't know, but I know she was shot and stabbed. Prince was shot four times and hit by a car.

Connor: Who did this?!

Ray: I don't know-

Connor: Once I find out who it is, I'm killing who ever did this!

Ray: Calm down, all we can do right now is wait and see if she pulls through.

He angrily hung up and finished tying his shoes. We got into the car and sped to the hospital in silence.

Once we were there, I put my hair in a messy bun and walked up to the front desk.

Jade: Where's my daughter?!

Receptionist: I don't know, you're asking me like I work here.

Jade: You do work here, so find out where the hell she is before I reach over this damn desk and beat your-

Connor: Calm down. Can you please find out where my daughter, Kayla Smith, is?

Receptionist: What's in it for me?

Connor's P.O.V.

I walked around the desk and pushed her rolling chair aside to look on her computer. I noticed the time, and it was 3:30 in the morning. I found Kay's room that is on the top floor and Is one of the biggest rooms on that floor.

After the eerie silence between Jade and I in the elevator, we made it to Kay's room and saw Ray.

Ray: Hey.

Jade: What happened to my baby?!

Ray: She-

Doctors rushed out of the room rolling Kay's bed through the halls. I ran beside them trying to get answers.

Connor: What's happening?! Where are you taking her?!

Doctor #1: We're loosing her, we have to get her to surgery, stat! It's either her, or the baby.

Nurse: Sorry Sir, but you have to stay in the waiting room untill she comes out.

I walked into the waiting room with Jade and Ray by my side and saw Anna crying and everyone else leaning on each other to get some sleep.

Anna: *cries and sniffs* They killed him! I won't have anybody else if they take Jacob too!

I sat down in one of the chairs and soon after, Jade sat next to me, putting her head on my chest and crying.