Chapter 42-k_thax

Jade's P.O.V

Connor and I were sitting in the court room just an hour before work started for the both of us. They suggested we both take lie detecter tests to find out the truth about the affair and if I was hiding something.

Judge: Ok, I have the results, but first, Jane James, "the secretary" is here to explain her story. But we asked Connor if he went outside of his marriage just prior to the divorce, and he admitted to it, but...the lie detector says that was a lie.

My heart stopped and dropped into my stomach. How in the hell did he lie about having the affair in the first place, and when he finally admitts to the mistake, that was a lie?! What the hell?!

Jade: W-wh-what?!

Connor: The fuck?!

Judge: Jane, tell your story.

Jane: Ok. A few years ago, we were having an office party. I saw someone pour an entire bottle of booze into the punch. Connor drank a few cups although I tried to warn him it was spiked. When the party was over, he was crazy drunk and slurring his words and falling over and stuff, so I offered to drive him home. I was trying to find his phone to call his wife, but he locked it in his desk and couldn't find the keys. I started to look for his drivers license or I.D. to find his address, but he locked it in his desk too along with his wallet. I tried to find the keys, but he lost them too. I had no choice but to take him to my house. He jumped into my bed, took off his clothes and passed out.

Judge: What she's saying is 100 percent true. Now, what do you remember from the hang over, Connor?

Connor: I can't remember much, but I remember the office party. Some of my co-workers were talking about how Jane had some master plan to get me drunk and take me home. I didn't believe them at first, because we were cool. Then I remember having some punch, then the next thing I know, I wake up with a bomb ass head ache in her bed, naked.

Jade: And you assumed you two had sex? *scoffs* Wow...just wow...

Jane: I would never do that to you Mrs. Smith, my girl would kill me...

Everyone stopped and thought about what she said...she said her "girl" would kill her...

Jade/Connor/Judge: Girl?!

Jane: Well duhh. Were engaged and I'm moving next week to Florida. That's why I quit my job.

Jade: Gosh, can court be dismissed?!

Judge: Uh, sure. Court dismissed.

I walked out of the room in a hurry to get away from that bullshit. Connor called my name behind me and tried to catch up. He grabbed my arm just before I walked out of the building.

Jade: *whispers* What the fuck do you want?!

Connor: I'm sorry. Let's just stop the divorce now and-

Jade: So you want to stop the divorce to prove that you're innocent?! You so desperately wanted it, but now you want to take it back? Well, guess what? No take backs. Stay the hell out of my way and be ready to sign those papers.

I walked out of the building and into the spotlight of the flashing cameras.
Hours later...

Kelly's P.O.V.

Ray:...That one looks stupid! That's why we should get this one!

Kay: You always get to choose! It's my turn this year!

Ray: I always pick because you always get to hang the lights and the candy canes!

Jade: Are you really fighting over this? Why can't we get the Charlie Brown tree?