Chapter 49-k_thax

Jade's P.O.V.

As soon as we get home, I walk into the den and see Kay laying next to the Irish guy, aleep. I go up to my  room and see Ray and Kelly asleep on my bed hugged up next to each other and Prince and Roc asleep on both chairs. I grabbed a pair of pajamas and walked into another guest bedroom to go to sleep. I quickly changed and got into bed. Connor was already in bed, and put his arms around me, but I pushed him away. He sighed and turned off the lamp.

As I heard him lightly snore, I sat up against the head board and actually shedded a tear. I quickly wipped it, but more followed. Before I knew it I was full on crying, sobbing in fact. Connor woke up and turned the lamp back on.

Connor: You ok?

Jade: No, it hurts!

Connor: What hurts?

Jade: *sobs* She's gone! I can never get my mother back!

Connor: Oh, Jade, It's gonna be fine. I'm sure she's in a better place.

Jade: How are you so sure? She was horrible to me, but just as she made things right, she's gone! It's not fair!

Connor: It was her time to leave. No one lives forever.

Jade: But-

Connor: Shh, just let it all out.

He pulled me into a tight hug and I cried harder with twice as many tears. I cried so hard it hurt my chest.
Connor: *whispers* I've got you. I've always had you.

Jade: I-I-I feel like nothing right now. There was nothing I could do to save her, and I wasn't even the last face she saw before she died!

Connor: Don't think about it that way. Just get some rest. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

I took his advice, but barely slept from how awful I felt.

I woke up to my alarm at 5:30. As I got up, everything ached, mostly my heart. I sighed and walked to my closet to pick out an all black outfit. I showered and put on my clothes and went downstairs to make breakfast. Everyone was already downstairs eating and talking and also wearing black.

Everyone: Good morning.

Jade: Hi.

I faked a smile that I'm sure everyone saw right through. I poured myself some coffee, but I put it down, not in the mood to eat or drink anything. I held onto the counters as I dropped my head, staring at the floor, and suddenly feeling the familiar emptiness in my heart.

Roc: You ok?

Ray: Ma, what happened?

Jade: I'm fine.

I forced another smile, but this one hurt more. I was smiling although I was hurting, which made no sense to me.

Kelly: You're not fine.

Nia: You look far from it. And you didn't answer the question.

Kay: Yeah, what happened?

I sighed. I just decided to tell them what happened instead of keeping it to myself.

Jade: It's Amy...-

Prince: What about her?

Jade: She...she died...

Everyone: What?!

Jade: She died in a fire and two other causes right after I saw her.

Kay: Mom, I'm so sorry.