Healing (REQUEST)

#A.N.: What's up, y'all? This is another requested chapter and I want to give a thanks to Cantholdmenow for the great idea. I'm a fan of ATLA myself, so I couldn't be more excited when I read it. References from the 2012 series here. Also, the gender of the reader will be neutral, which is kind of a first to me, at least when it comes to the POV of the fearless leader. Still, I hope y'all like it!

Leo's POV

Me and Raph are walking through the woods. I woke up yesterday from my coma, and Raph decided to take me out to train a little. But I fall and immediately grab my leg. "I don't think I'm... I don't I'm ever gonna be the same again."

"Don't talk like that. That's not the Leo I know. Now come on. Let's cross this creek."

I get up, but I suddenly hear something. It's like water shifting, but it's loud. "Hey, Raph. Do you hear this?"

"Hear what?"

"It's like water, but... It sounds different." I start to move towards it, Raph close by my side. After a while, we spot someone on one of the rocks on the river, and I just can't believe what it's going on. That person... Is it... Bending water?

Your POV

You are training your bending as you usually do. Ever since you were a kid, you were able to make the water do your bidding. But you are always careful to make sure that no one sees you. Living upstate made things easier, but you still need to be careful.

Though, today was different. You feel like someone is watching you. As you keep bending water, you suddenly make a bunch of water hit a tree behind you. You hear some yelping, so you make the water get around your arms and form tentacle-like ones.

You rush to the tree and get ready to attack, but you stop yourself as you see mutant turtles, and one of them seem awfully hurt when compared to the other. Your eyes widen as you see the injured turtle. You turn your attention back to the other one, who's with some weapon you've never seen before in hands. He seems like he's ready to strike you at any moment. You realize he must be protecting the other one.

"Who are you and why did you attack us?" The one standing askes, his electric green eyes piercing through you, trying to intimidate you. But it doesn't work as you stare right back into his eyes with your (e/c) ones. "Imma ask you again. Who are you and why did you attack us?"

"I thought you were going to attack me. Sorry if I hurted you."

"Well, you're lucky you didn't. Because if you did, you can bet I would've--"

"Raph, stop it! It was an accident." The one on the ground says before trying to get up, but he falls. The other goes to his aid. You also get on your knees after getting by his side. While ignoring the angry one, you bend the water that are in your arms and get it around the other one's leg.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?!" The angry one askes.

"I'm trying to heal his leg, if you don't mind." You spat back before turning to the one you're healing. "Don't worry, this will make you feel better."

With that, you begin healing his leg, the water glowing as you do so. After a while you bend the water away back to the river. Then, you turn back to the mutant you just healed, your eyes locking with his blue ones. "How do you feel?"

"I-I'm good. I mean, my leg still hurts, but it's a whole lot better than before."

"Wait, so you didn't heal him?"

"Well, I said I would try. Also, internal wounds like his take longer to heal, so I can only help a bit."

"That already helped a lot. Thank you." You nod as you smile. Then, you try to help him stand up with the help of the other one.