In The Woods

#A.N.: another 2012 one-shot with references. Let's get to it!

Your POV

"Phew. That should do it." You say as you wipe some sweat off your forehead. It's middle of the night, but you had to go out and get some wood. You know it's dangerous, but given the fact your father and grandfather taught you how to fight barehand, with knives and even with a hatchet, you were not that scared. Also, you have a real accurate aim, so you've already gone out with your relatives hunting and even gotten a rifle as a Christmas gift from one of them, which you never go out without, at least whenever you go out by yourself into the woods. That's one of the perks of growing up in the countryside: you learn to be strong, and there's nothing wrong with that. You've always found it weird that girls from the cities were so chicken-hearted, at least the ones you met, that kept annoyungly saying that they couldn't live without freaky high heels,a hairdresser, fashion clothes or their cell phones. But you know you are pretty wrong. Your mother is the living proof of that. She was a city girl and she lived in New York City, but when she met your father and moved to the countryside, she adapted quite nicely to the 'new environment'. Anyways, now that you're done getting the wood, you head to your horse, (h/n - horse's name). "Alright, (h/n). Let's get it all buckled up and get back home." You say as you start tying up the wood to the saddle. Once you're done, you get on your horse. But then, you hear some screaming. "What was that?" You stay silent to hear it more carefully, and soon enough you hear another scream. "Someone's in trouble. Hiyah!" You hit the sides of your horse and he/she starts galloping towards the screaming.

Soon enough you find the source of it. And your eyes widen as you see what it is. It's some sort of creature made of mud or something and it was geting inside a small cottage. The screaming was coming from inside. You get down of your horse and grab your rifle. It's an old lever action rifle that belonged to your great-grandpa, but it works like it's brand new. So you quickly get it loaded and walk towards that mutant. You see two green blurs being thrown through the roof of the cottage. "HEY!!" You shout before shooting. Right after your first shot hit it, it turned to you and sort of growled. But you kept shooting, always hitting the head. But, soon enough you run out of ammo. "Oh, sh--!!" You're cut in the middle of your sentence because it tries to hit you. You roll to the side and run to stand behind a tree. You manage to get your rifle loaded up again, and right on time, since that creep pops in front of you. You jump and roll to your side again and shoots its knees. Once it was down, you kept shooting at the head until it stopped moving. After that, you head to the cottage and get in, gun always up. You see a girl, a guy, a weird plant with a red mask over the flower and a humanoid turtle with a blue mask. He's pretty injured, so you walk to him first as you set your rifle aside. "Are you okay?" You ask him as you carefully try to help him stand up. He groans as he leans on his leg. You figure out he's been injured there too. Still, you manage to put his arm over your shoulders and help him stand. He glances at you for a sec, but right after that he stares at you with wide eyes. You only stare back for a sec before speaking up. "Are you alright?" He blinks and nods. "Y-Yeah... I think so..." You nod, but you're suddenly thrown towards a wall. "AGH!" As you hit the ground, you look up to see that thing getting it's arm back in place before hitting the turtle. But as he hits the table, the thing seems to grow worried. He notices it and grabs the bottle that was on it, and since the creature kept its gaze on it, you realize it was important to the creature. Then, he passes it to the girl and as she runs off, you walk to him and get your rifle. "I only have one bullet left." He nods. "That's more than enough." He says before heading out, you with him. You see the blurs you saw before and realize they are mutant turtles, only with masks of different colors. Still, you stand aside and get your rifle ready. And as it gets the bottle from the orange masked turtle and turns around, right before the blue masked one hits the creature with the pitchfork, you shoot the bottle, and the turtle hits it with the pitchfork, managing to get it to lean on the tree, and since the other two humans tied chains around it, you knew it was over. "That's what you get for messing with my mask, freak." The human boy says. "That should hold him. Now come on. We gotta get it back to the lab." The turtle with purple mask says. "You really think you could save Raph?" The blue masked turtle asks as he tries to stand using the pitchfork as a crutch. "Honestly? I don't know, Leo. I just don't know." You look around and find one not too far, so you go and grab it before giving it to the blue masked turtle. "Maybe I can help." You put your fingers on your mouth and whistles really loud, and your horse showed up shortly after.