Lost & Found

#A.N.: This is an old camera of mine that my parents found, and I just thought 'maybe I can turn this experience into an one-shot', so I guess I'll just try it out. Plz don't be mad at me.

Leo's POV

I'm running through the rooftops with my brothers as we finished another patrol. Honestly, I can't wait to get home and sleep a bit. I wonder why I've been so tired lately. Anyways, as we all get down, I accidentally kick something away. I look down to see a small black camera with a gray strap. It seems to be pretty old since it's dirty with a lot of scratches in it. I pick it up. Something about it sparks my interest, so I put it in my pocket and follow my brothers home. Once I'm in my room I grab the cloth that I use to clean my swords and start cleaning it up. After a bit I can read something engraved on the metal side. I clean it up more. My eyes widen a bit as I see it's a name. "Y/n... - if you have a long name, as in it has more than six letters, just think it's your nickname engraved instead of your name - Hm. That's a pretty name..." I mumble to myself before trying to turn it on. It doesn't work. I study it for a bit and end up finding the place of the stacks. I take them out, put them on my nightstand, open the drawer, take my lantern from it and put its stacks in the camera. I try it again, and this time it works! I turn it off, put it on the nightstand and get ready to sleep. But when my head hits the pillow, I can't help but fight the urge to take a look at the pictures. (No. Leo, don't! You'll be invading someone's private space, and that's wrong. You can't do that! You just found it, and it's obvious that it belongs to someone else.) With that in mind I turn around and close my eyes as I try to sleep. It takes me a while, but I manage to fall asleep.

Timeskip

It's been a week since I found the camera, and passing each day it becomes more tempting to take a look at the camera's pictures. But I've held myself back for the last days and didn't do it. But then again, I can't help but wonder, why would someone throw it away? Could it be because it wasn't working anymore? With that in mind, I bite my lip before taking it and turning it on. I decide to take a few random pictures and record some stuff. When I'm done, I'm about to hit the button that I think that led to the storage space on the camera. I frown. (Well, there's only one way to get to know if it's working.) With that in mind I take a deep breath and hit the button and start checking the pictures, videos and voice records. The photos from up close are blurry and I can't hear anything from neither the videos nor the voice records. I let out a sigh. "Guess it doesn't work like it used to. But that's still not enough reason to throw it away." I say as I keep looking through the pictures. Just then, I end up on a picture of a little girl sitting on a bench with a smile on her face. By her clothes and the environment around I can tell that the picture was taken in the Autumn. (Is this Y/n?) I pass to other picture. There's the girl I just saw, but she was in the arms of an older girl, and as I look at her, I can feel my cheeks burning. She's so beautiful, and seems to be so happy too. I zoom the picture and can't help but find them somewhat similar. Sisters? Or maybe cousins? I don't know, but they look so happy that I can't help but smile. (Maybe one of them is Y/n. Or not. Go figure.) I think as I chuckle and keep taking a look on the pictures. There's one that really has me laughing a bit that's the same older girl on her knees petting too large dogs with a big smile on her face. I'm starting to think that's Y/n. After all, there were a couple of pictures that I didn't see her in them. But then again, I can't jump into conclusions yet. Suddenly, I have an idea. A stupid idea, but I just go for it. I head out of the lair with my gear and the camera and head to where I found it. When I get there, I start looking around and keep running through the rooftops with my gaze on the streets below me. After a long time I stop as I see a girl similar to the one on the pictures walking and talking with two other people on the other side of the street. They seem to be having fun. I get to the other side and start to listen to them. But I'm pulled into a halt as I accidentally drop the camera. I bite my lip as I see it hitting that girl on the head. (Oh, sewer apples...)

Your POV

"OW!" You yelp as you feel something hitting my head. You look to the side and your eyes widen with what you see. "No way!"

"What is it?" One of your friends ask as she/he looks at you. "Check it out. It's my camera." You say as I pick it up. "What? Didn't your mom throw it away without you knowing?"

"Yeah. Now that I think about it, that's weird." You say as you look up. "Do you think someone found it and decided to give it back to you?" Your other friends askes. "If that's the case, why throw it in my head?" You say as you rub your head where the camera hit. "Good question."

"Anyways, I better hide it before mom finds out I found it."

"Good idea."

Timeskip

After I got home, I decide to take a look at my camera's pictures. I frown as the first picture is an unfamiliar place to me. It looks like a living room, but it's kinda dark. I start to look at the other pictures and even find some recordings. It seems like a home but it's unlike anything I've ever seen. Then, I find one recording that blows my mind. It's two humanoid turtles, each one with different masks, and they seem to be training. There's a different mutant in that mess. It's a smaller one and seems to be a mutant rat. My eyes widen. Mutants exist?! I thought they were sci-fu stuff.

"Hey, Leo! Whatcha got there, dude?" Someone says and the video stops.

"... What the heck?"