Good Enough (REQUEST)

#A.N.: Part 2 of Standing Up coming right out of the oven! Hope y'all like it!

Leo's POV

And guess what? We are going to school. We talked with Splinter and surprisingly he let us do it! But he said we'd only be able to do it for 1 month, which is a lot for us.

Anyways, so far we've managed to keep a low profile. Well, all of us but me. It looks like ever since I roasted that girl called Karen, everyone on the school knows about me. Guess Y/n wasn't kidding when she said that Karen was the most popular girl in the entire school. Speaking of her, there are some rumors going around, or so April told us, that Y/n and I are together, as in we're dating. When I first heard about it, I felt like I was going to pass out. What the heck lead them to think that on the first place? All I did was stand up for her. But I'm not going to lie, that idea has crossed my mind. Not of me dating Y/n specifically, but of me dating a normal girl. But every time I think about it, I remember that I'm not human. I'm not normal. So there's no chance this would ever happen. I can end up with a human friend or two, like April and Casey, but a girlfriend? That's completely different. Also, I... I'm afraid I won't be good enough. Even with these watches, I may not be enough.

Speaking of it, I'm kind of spacing out in the middle of the class. But when I look down, I see Raph and Mikey on the running track. They seem to have so much fun. Donnie is probably on his Physics or Chemistry class. He's such a nerd. April and Y/n might be on their (F.L, a.k.a foreign language - yep, you get to choose what language you want to learn at school) class. I already heard her speaking in (F.L) and she sounds so fluent at it. Which is actually no surprise, she often studies it on her break time.

Before I realize it, I'm smiling. She's so awesome. And determined, and kind, and smart, and beautiful.

Suddenly, the bell rings and I head out of class. On my way through the halls, I stop as I see a pamphlet. It's about the homecoming party, which is happening in one week. Soon enough, the others find me. "Hey, Leo." Donnie says. "What's up, dude?" Mikey says as we high-five. "Hey, guys. How were classes so far?" I ask them.

"Meh, it's starting to get boring. At least P.E is interesting enough." Raph says as he gets his hands behind his head. "Well, my classes were awesome. The teachers keep saying that if I keep studying hard, I can apply to any college that involves science or technology." Donnie says. "Good for you, bro."

"Whoa, guys. Homecoming! That sounds sooo cool. I wonder if we'll be able to go." Mikey says. "Well, if Sensei says yes, I think there will be no problem." Donnie replies.

"There, you are. Hey, guys!" We turn around and see April, Casey and Y/n. "Hey! How's it going?"

"Boring." Casey says.

"The usual." April replies.

"Tiring." Y/n comments as her shoulders drop a bit, which makes me frown. "What's wrong, Y/n?"

"Mr./Mrs. (music teacher's name) is being really tough on us since we got the news that the Homecoming will be next week."

"The guys from the music club will be playing at the Homecoming?" Mikey askes.

"Yeah. A-And... Umm..." Her ears get red and she looks at the side. "What is it?" I ask softly.

"Th-The teacher also asked me t-to perform at the Homecoming... A-As a singer..."

We all start celebrating it. "Y/n, that is great! Why do you sound so nervous about it?" April askes.

"Yeah, we all heard you singing before, dudette. You rule!" Mikey says almost yelling.