Just Stay

Leo's POV

*Beep...

Beep...

Beep...*

(This can't be happening... I-It just... Can't be real...) I think as I try to process everything that just happened. It was all so fast that I still can't believe it.

I was on a patrol with my best friend Y/n, who also happens to be the person I have a huge crush on. But then, we were suddenly ambushed by the Foot Clan and ended up being separated. When I managed to fight my way through and got to her, I couldn't believe in what I saw. But there she was, with cuts all over her body as she laid in a pool of her own blood. I panicked and took her to the lair as fast as I could. When I got there, Donnie managed to take care of her, and after around one hour, he showed up with news on her. It was the longest hour of my life, and when he gave me the news, I felt my blood running cold.

*Beep...

Beep...

Beep...*

She's in a coma right now.

He said that if I'd taken any longer, she would've died. He managed to save her by a close call, and now it might take her weeks, months, maybe even years to wake up. When I heard that, I had to gather every ounce of my strength not to break down in front of my family. But once I was alone in the lab, or rather, as soon as I saw her on that homemade bed, I let my tears fall. I guess I never cried so much in my life. I'm glad she's alive, I really am. But I still feel horrible. She's in a coma and it's my fault.

I shouldn't have left her alone. I should've been there for her. Even though we were ambushed, I should've been there to protect her. But I couldn't. Now she may not wake up any time soon. Actually, she might not even wake up at all. And all because I failed her. Just facing that fact and seeing the consequences of it make me tear up all over again. I hold my head as I try to bring myself together, but it only takes me one look at her for me to feel awful. I pretty much hate myself right now. She's my best friend and my crush, and yet... I couldn't do anything.

I look at her again, now holding her hand. She has a cut on her cheek, nose and lip. And her hand is so cold compared to her usual warm touch. I remember it as I also remember our own secret handshake. She just came out with it one day, and it became our thing. She didn't have it with anyone else but me. We used to do it everyday, and she always had a smile whenever we did it, it didn't matter if it was in the beginning of it or in the end. Now we may never be able to do that anymore. I may never be able to see her smile, to hear her voice, to get lost into her beautiful (e/c) eyes again. And it's all my fault.

"*Sniff* Y/n... I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry... I couldn't be there for you when you needed me... I... I f-failed you... As a leader and as a friend... And I know I'm in no position of asking you anything, but please... Please, just stay. Don't leave me. You mean so much to me..." I kiss her forehead as I cup her cheek careful not to hurt her before pulling back and leaning my forehead on hers. "I promise you, I'll never ever leave you again. No matter what. I swear it. So please, just stay. Please."

Timeskip

It's been 6 months since Y/n got into the coma. Some of her wounds have been healing nicely, but she showed no signs of waking up whatsoever. I haven't left her side, unless absolutely necessary, like an emergency or something like that. But even then, I'd do my best to be back to her as soon as possible. I lost the count of how many times I've fallen asleep next to her, just waiting for her to open her (e/c) eyes again.

Right now, I'm coming back from patrol with the others. The Foot Clan again. Just thinking about them and what they did to Y/n makes my blood boil. Anyways, I just want to sit on that chair and see her again, even if she doesn't open her eyes.