Misunderstanding

#A.N.: 2012 version, and again, no references this time

Leo's POV

(Maybe I could ask her to stay over... Nah, she's probably going to hang out with Donnie, and she's got class tomorrow, so she won't be able to stay here for a long time. ... What if I went to her place? But her parents might be at home...) "Ugh, why is it so hard to do this?!" I complain as I hit my head on the counter of the kitchen. For the last week I've been trying to get a chance to tell my friend Y/n how I feel for her. I like her big time, but it looks like I don't have the guts to tell her that. Whenever we're together I'm lucky if I manage to play it cool.

Regardless, there's this part of me that's been telling me that it's a waste of time to confess my feelings for her. It keeps telling me she's into Donnie, not me. But who wouldn't think so? Ever since he found out she's into mechanics they hang out basically everyday.

But I don't want to believe it. I want to believe that I've got a chance with her. But deep down I know that I'm only going to hurt myself.

Anyways, I decide to gather every ounce of courage I have and head to her house. I gear up and start to leave the lair. But as soon as I pass through Donnie's lab, I stop instantly as I spot her in the lab by the corner of my eye. I turn back and see it's really her as I see her beautiful hair. (She's here? Why didn't she tell me she was coming?) I hate the idea of eavesdropping, but I can't stop myself. "I mean it. I really like you. So... Will you go out with me?" I hear Donnie asking and my eyes widen. I close them and run out of the lair. I can't stay here anymore.

Your POV

"That's a great rehearsal! Wanna try it again?" You say. As soon as you got into the lair Donnie pulled you into the lab before you could even surprise Leo, which was your original plan. You thought his behaviour was weird, but once he told you that he was planning on telling April his feelings for her and how much he was desperate for some help, you decided to help him.

He smiles and shakes his head. "No, I think I'm good. She might be here any minute now, so I better get ready." You smile and pat his shoulder. "You'll be fine, don't worry. Just remember to be honest, okay?" After he nods, you leave the lab to see Mikey watching TV. "Hey, Mikey!" He turns to you and tackles you into a hug. "Dudette! I didn't know you were here."

"Yeah, Donnie needed some emergency help, but I'm free now. You don't happen to know where Leo is, do you?"

"Yeah, I guess he just left the lair without saying anything." You frown and drop your bag on the couch. You told your parents you were going to stay the night at some friend's and they let you go with no problem as long as you didn't miss your class. But since you got your driver's license, and you and Donnie finished fixing an old motorcycle, the chances of you missing class are quite low. Either way, after hearing Mikey's answer, you run out of the lair. "Thanks, Mikey!" You shout as you make a turn and grab your phone already trying to track down Leo's T-Phone. Once you find him, you pick up your pace to keep up with him. Guess those extra days on the gym are paying off.

Timeskip

Leo's POV

(Why am I so sad about it? I should be happy for her, not jealous...) I let out a sigh as my head drops. This is ridiculous. Me running away from the truth like that. But I just can't face it. I don't want to. It hurts.

"Leo?" My heard jerks up and I turn around instantly as I hear Y/n's voice. My eyes widen to see her panting. She must've been running. "Y/n? W-What are you doing here? I-I thought you were with Donnie." I say slightly turning away from her. I don't want her to see me like this. It's embarrassing.

"You saw us? Wait... You..." She never finished her sentence, and before I realize it she hugs me. My eyes widen and my heart increases its beat. "Dummy." She says and I can hear the smile on her voice. I pull back slightly, my hands on her waist. "How am I the dummy?" She rolls her eyes before cupping my cheeks and sweetly pecking my lips. My eyes widen more than ever before and for a second I am completely immobilized as I try to process what had just happened. I'm brought back to reality by her sweet giggle. "... W... W-What..." I mumble and she laughs louder. "Donnie asked me to help him on how he should confess his feelings for April. What you heard, at least what I think you heard, was him rehearsing. He didn't mean it to me."

"Then... You two... You aren't--" I'm cut short by her as she shakes her head. "No. I see Donnie as a good friend and a good partner when it comes to mechanics. But I have my eyes set on another turtle for quite a while now. He's shorter and his eyes are way more beautiful. They remind me of the ocean." I smile like an idiot as she says that, so no wonder she giggles. "So to be perfectly clear... I love you, Leo." I cup her cheeks and kiss her soft lips. After I pull back, I lean my forehead on hers. "I love you too, Y/n." (Guess it was just a misunderstanding after all... Heh.)